Episode 1:"Ambush" and 2:"Rising Malevolence&
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, so you're one of those name people. Although I have to say I agree with you. So...for your sake, we shall now call it the Super Ship Disruptor, or SSD for short. Though that could be confused with other big bad WMDs...

Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alright...the battle droids were awful. I hated their humor! It was so stupidly over the top that it almost ruined the entire show for me. Only thing that saved it was Yoda...he was awesome! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That's because it's not aimed for you; there are parts that are, there are parts that aren't. I can see that so it really, really doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it shows how they went from the Episode 1 kill-bots to Episode 3 snarky-bots.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's true...I suppose it's aimed for kids? Though my little sister did turn and raise an eyebrow at me when the one battle droid tried to plow through the brush and said, "You were right." Or whatever he said.

I guess they're just really going to annoy me. I didn't like their humor in RotS, either. The SBDs, that is. When those two said, "What that?" "That nothin'". I was like, "Well when did their vocabulary get shortened?" I dunno, it just made them ten times less fearsome to me. More like toys, instead of an army of droids. *shrugs* But hopefully they won't dominate all the episodes. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Indeed; it's aimed towards kids, although there are lines that are funny even to me. Droids are programmed, but they aren't always programmed well... mindwipes can also get to costing a lot.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I did like the humor with the SBD in this more. Just because they gave them voices that seem more appropriate for the character, unlike what they had in ROTS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I must say the second episode was awesome! Much, much better than the first. Overall, that is. Loved it. Smile

And even appreciated some of the droid humor. Wink

Oh, favorite line: "Anakin, where are you?" Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quote  

Maybe the Sep programmer for the battle droids was some slicer with a cheap sense of humor. Most programmers do put their own personality into their code. Thus I could probably see that happening. Even an army of morons would be scary if there killing your buddies left and right.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

True...it'll just take some getting used to, I guess. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Maybe the Sep programmer for the battle droids

I am sure he found the job through a posting on the internet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, you must be right, Autobon. That would definitely explain it. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote  

Not the internet, the holonet. Of course the battle droids were around before the war for commerce security so it would have been someone the Neimedians hired. Wonder if they would have had him program the super battle droids as well...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Have I noticed a blooper? In the beginning of this episode (I'm starting over with the series), Yoda is talking to the Toydarian dude via holotransmission. Asajj Ventress, who's standing near the Toydarian, begins to speak. Yoda turns around to look at her. Why would he turn around? It's not like she's really there, he would in actuality be turning away from the transmitter. Instead the transmitter should have shifted angles to focus on Asajj instead of the Toydarian, leaving Yoda no reason to change position.

So anyway, I thought it to be a blooper. Am I reading this right? Or did I miss something...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's hard to say without being able to see the episode again, so maybe you're right. *shrugs*

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah. And you'll have to forgive me. I don't usually get so worked up over such things, but...sometimes you just can't help it. You know? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2