Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@ JainaSolo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOO! even.

STAR WARS is what you are into. Remember that . Always. Always!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Always!

Trekkies are not your SyFy brothers. They just ruin things.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heh heh heh, don't worry Hogy. I'll never turn traitor on you. Smile
To tell the truth, I actually don't understand what all the commotion is about it being so awesome? There wasn't really something that made it stand out like lightsabers or Vader (even though Spock left quite an impression on me) or the "Yoda Talk".
Star Wars can beat it to the ground, in it's sleep, with it's hands taped behind it's back and a sock in it's mouth! Wink

Afterword: The video shop messed up my Lord of the Rings DVD's. I wanted The Two Towers and when I opened the case The Return of the King was there! Now I'll have to take it back tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You kinda have to be an old trekkie fan to really appreciate the new Trek. I loved the movie, but then I was a Star Trek fan before Star Wars, because, well, Star Trek came first. Now Star Wars is my greatest love, but this nonsense about not being allowed to be a fan of one because you're a fan of the other is silly. I can't wait until the next Trek movie comes out.

I actually have pictures I took of Wm. Shatner way back in the day when he still sported the slanted sideburns. I've got them around somewhere. One of these days I'll scan and post them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
You kinda have to be an old trekkie fan to really appreciate the new Trek.

Yup, this. I loved the new one because even though I'm not super versed on anything passed the original series I've seen all of that one several times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

TOS is the one series I'm least interested in (haven't even seen most of the episodes) but I still thought Star Trek was top notch.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The latest movie was great. I even bought it, as I greatly enjoyed it. And I do enjoy some of the shows, Next Gen being my favorite. Probably for nostalgic reasons, as that series aired while I was a kid. But Star Wars is my first love, and for some reason I feel the need to beat on Trek occasionally. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Both Trek and Wars can be equally excellent at times, and equally terrible at times Smile

My good thing: I went to a costume party/fundraiser this weekend. As a background, a few years ago, my good friend had his life cut short (by H1N1, sadly). He was only 22 or 23, and we were all deeply saddened. So his sister and two best friends founded a charity in his name, called The Plaid Shirt Society (he wore plaid shirts all the time, and it also represents the way he brightly lit the world). That charity hosts a Halloween party every year (his favourite event) and then gives the proceeds to another charitable organization. Last year it was for Bereaved Families of Ontario, and this year it was for a local food bank.

It was such a fun party. Great food, silent auction, costumes, etc.

I was dressed as X-Men's Cyclops (specifically in a circa-1963 costume). My wife was Katniss Everdeen.

Other great costumes included Ash Ketchum, Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers, Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler, Moss (from The IT Crowd), etc. etc. Good times.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

On fire at football training tonight. 7 goals out of 11 shots, 3 with each foot and a header Cool
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cerrinea wrote:
You kinda have to be an old trekkie fan to really appreciate the new Trek.

I dunno, I absolutely loathed the original series, tolerated Next Gen a little better, and am completely unfamiliar with anything that came after, and I still like the new film.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote  

Good things of the day: It's Halloween, I'm dressed as a Sith, and there's three new Star Wars movies coming out. Yep, it's a good day. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My mom sent me the cutest Halloween card!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Pride and Prejudice is coming to my city's Arts Centre! On stage!

I'm buying tickets for the Missus and I tonight Smile
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

So for Halloween I decided to try re-installing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on my PC. It's one of the buggiest games ever made, but also the best Vampire game ever, and a great choice for Halloween.

My history of the game:
-Played on my old Windows XP machine back in 2006 or so. Could barely get it to run. When performing certain actions (e.g. feeding on a blood doll), the computer would hard-reset. But I loved the story, so I just learned not to do those things.
-Played on my next machine, a Windows Vista unit. The game no longer suffered from crashes, but the graphics had problems. Certain things that were painted (like maps or the pictures associated with vampiric disciplines) were blurry beyond recognition. But I still loved it.
-Just installed it on my Windows 7 machine (that I bought last February). Oh my god, it looks amazing. I mean, it's dated (from 2004; the first non-Half-Life 2 game to use the Source engine). But it's wonderful.

The game allows you to play as one of seven vampire "clans", each of which has certain traits, advantages, disadvantages, and superpowers (disciplines). Malkavians are all insane. Tremere use "blood magic". I chose to be Ventrue (the socially elite). I have good stats bonuses and useful powers (like Dominate), but I can't get blood points from normal blood bags or rats, and I have a 50% chance of throwing up if I drink from a hobo.

The voice acting is great (it's one of the best parts of the game). It's what made me fall in love with the voice of Grey DeLisle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF9X2Z6Hdw8

After that scene, I tweeted "Replaying Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for Halloween. Forgot how great @GreyDeLisle is in it. Fire hoses indeed." She favourited my tweet, and now follows me on Twitter! Win.

And the haunted house level is the only time I've played a game and genuinely been scared. Good times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm doing my summative project in my literature class on C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien. I'll be using Prince Caspian and Till We Have Faces for Lewis and Letters From Father Christmas and The Silmarillion for Tolkien. Best project ever. Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 141 of 163