Expanding the EU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote  

I would be so happy if Kemp tackled The Dark Underlord. That would be awesome. We'd get Sith, Jedi, AND Mandalorians. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

HK-47: THE MUSICAL.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote  

"HK-47: The Musical" would have to be a live performance or TV special Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
"HK-47: The Musical" would have to be a live performance or TV special Cool

Featuring the best-selling song, "Meat-bags!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's been too silent lately, let's get brain storming again on ideas that will never come to light.

Not counting the ones I've already mentioned in this thread, I would love to see a police book set in the Star Wars universe. Seeing some lowly detective dealing with Jedi messing things up, bounty hunters trying to get a fast pay day by ruining him job, Hutts putting bounties on him after busting a big earner.

A Tie Fighter book set in Jag's Empire. Let's see some of the unsong heroes of this more noble Empire. If not that then a book that focuses in the Empire of the Hand and the stormtroopers that were going to be created at the end of Choices of One.

A New Jedi Academy book that they use to introduce more Jedi who will only be used as cannon fodder in future books.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Or perhaps a Sherlock Holmes type detective novel.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think a Noir- type detective story set on Coruscant, its middle or lower levels to be more exact, would also work fine, as long as it would keep the SW feel.

I'm trying to picture a SW sitcom prefomed in front of a live studio audience (dressed up as SW characters of course.)

(enters Vader, the audience cheers loudly, Wookiees roar) "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete."

"If the circle is now complete, than why are you so square? (laughter from the audience)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
I think a Noir- type detective story set on Coruscant, its middle or lower levels to be more exact, would also work fine, as long as it would keep the SW feel.

I'm trying to picture a SW sitcom prefomed in front of a live studio audience (dressed up as SW characters of course.)

(enters Vader, the audience cheers loudly, Wookiees roar) "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete."

"If the circle is now complete, than why are you so square? (laughter from the audience)

We have Shadow Games, its a noir thriller. A lot of people skipped it for some reason though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And some of the Coruscant Nights books were noir-ish. Especially the second one, which didn't involve much Jedi-killing. More just crime and investigation.

Remember when Red Harvest was originally called Star Wars: Black Orchid? And LFL changed their minds because they felt it sounded too love story-ish?

I think they should do a good Star Wars romance novel. Not Harlequin, not Fifty Shades, just good traditional romance. Or, alternatively, something akin to current teen stories that have love in them but are more science fiction or fantasy.

I'd read it. The way I see it, they dropped the ball on romance with Episode II (the novelization reminded me of my wife's description of Twilight, where every one of Anakin's internal monologues was all "she's soooo pretty! blah blah!"). So we're due for a good, well-written one.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I actually had Coruscant Nights in mind when I've posted. Just imagaine takeing it a notch further. With no force users.

I haven't read Shadow Games, but it is now pretty high on my "need to read" list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

See, I was thinking more along the lines of a buddy cop comedy book. Though admittedly I was thinking that since I've heard Coruscant Nights had the Noir vibe going and this is about something new.

Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing, is a bounty hunter book that has nothing to do with Fett. Let's see if there are more principal bounty hunters out there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 10 of 10