Disney has bought Lucasfilm for $4bn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Focus on games to be social and mobile Sad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My phone exploded with people who don't care who thought I did care. Personally, I'm searching for that elusive Louisiana cliff, because my mind cannot handle this. Simply put. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Luke92 wrote:
Focus on games to be social and mobile Sad

This broke my heart. The best part of star wars games is storytelling, and when you walk away from consoles I think you start to lose that.

And man, Disney mustve been working on this plot for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's what I posted on Facebook after my news feed exploded with people who clearly don't understand what this acquisition means:

"PEOPLE CALM DOWN - Disney has acquired Lucasfilm, but that does not mean that Mickey Mouse will be appearing in the next Star Wars movie. Remember, The Avengers was a Disney movie, so Star Wars: Episode VII can still be an incredible movie."

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Listening to this conference call is pretty ridiculous, hearing this guy talk about how he "runs" starwars now and is going to cut consol attention because the characters are all so well known that they fit well in social gaming.......... and on ILM we might keep them around......wtf man.......

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

Last edited by 1337Jedi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Here's what I posted on Facebook after my news feed exploded with people who clearly don't understand what this acquisition means:

"PEOPLE CALM DOWN - Disney has acquired Lucasfilm, but that does not mean that Mickey Mouse will be appearing in the next Star Wars movie. Remember, The Avengers was a Disney movie, so Star Wars: Episode VII can still be an incredible movie."

This is my take on it. I am optimistic, especially because Lucas won't be in the Director's chair.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
GrandMaster wrote:

This is my take on it. I am optimistic, especially because Lucas won't be in the Director's chair.

Exactly what I was thinking.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I feel like my head is going to roll off my shoulders and onto the floor in dramatic fashion. That's how dumbfounded I am right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is slightly more reassuring about EU content: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY&feature=youtu.be
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is going to end badly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
GrandMaster wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Well said, GM and JJ. Yes, this is quite a shock for all of us who have been SW fans for years, but there's no need to start panicking. It's still early stages yet. Wait and see what 2013 and 2014 bring as preproduction and production start.

So, Mace, Mara, everyone else - take a deep breath and CHILL.

By the way, I have a feeling that Episode VII will be released in May 2015, just like all its predecessors.

Last edited by Alan Skywalker V on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^^ The Avengers 2 comes out May 1, 2015, so I doubt they would release Star Wars VII at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Doesn't matter who makes it! Disney cares absolutely 0 about giving people what they want when they want, make a great movie? Awesome! Didn't ask for a sequal? Oh but it made us money we'll give u 6 THIS IS DISNEY PEOPLE cars 2, aladin 3, lion king 1&1/2!!! It will never stop!

We're doomed

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
Doesn't matter who makes it! Disney cares absolutely 0 about giving people what they want when they want, make a great movie? Awesome! Didn't ask for a sequal? Oh but it made us money we'll give u 6 THIS IS DISNEY PEOPLE cars 2, aladin 3, lion king 1&1/2!!! It will never stop!

We're doomed

I said CHILL. No need to get so worked up yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Watch this video. It's Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy talking about the future of Star Wars movies. Lucas gave Kennedy his original 3rd trilogy plans along with the EU literature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY&feature=youtu.be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 12