Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote  

The news is breaking, Disney is buying Lucasfilm and Episode VII is coming in 2015.

Source: http://www.starwars.com/news/new-star-wars-movies-announced-as-disney-enters-agreement-to-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd/index.html

It's making the rounds across the web.

Feel free to discuss the NEXT Episode of the Saga in film here.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Called it. He funded the Prequels with the Special Editions. I knew he was funding something with the 3Ds.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Good observation! Very true

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Now the question becomes...what happens to the EU we know and love?

Could very well be a deciding factor for many fans.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

In dies in glorious flames?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really hope it doesn't die. I want another movie, but the eU is just excellent. Maybe they can just treat it like how the star Trek franchise was treated when the the horrible 2009 ST movie came out. The books stay in their universe (aka current EU for SW) and are allowed to continue like they have been, while the new movies continue to go were they want to go. That is probably the best solution (unless they want to turn some eU stuff into film. The Thrawn trilogy could be cool).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Niner wrote:
I really hope it doesn't die. I want another movie, but the eU is just excellent. Maybe they can just treat it like how the star Trek franchise was treated when the the horrible 2009 ST movie came out. The books stay in their universe (aka current EU for SW) and are allowed to continue like they have been, while the new movies continue to go were they want to go. That is probably the best solution (unless they want to turn some eU stuff into film. The Thrawn trilogy could be cool).

Except that the J.J. Abrams Star Trek films exist in an alternate reality from not only the ST books, but the previous ST TV shows and films. It's an entirely different continuity. Presumably SW Episode VII would be in the same continuity as the other 6 films, so the ST model would not work.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
In dies in glorious flames?

Probably. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm calling it right now that Jon Favreau is the director. He's worked with Disney's Marvel for Iron Man 2 and is working on a Magic Kingdom film, and he's dipped his toes in SW by voicing Pre Vizlia.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jon Favreau would be good, but who would write it?

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm dying a little inside...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

GrandMaster wrote:

Except that the J.J. Abrams Star Trek films exist in an alternate reality from not only the ST books, but the previous ST TV shows and films. It's an entirely different continuity. Presumably SW Episode VII would be in the same continuity as the other 6 films, so the ST model would not work.

Yes, and NO.

It is set in an alternate TIMELINE. But not reality- sure it's marketed as such, but as an old Trekkie it's not- Alpha Spock, as well as all the mind melds keep the original timeline relevant- for New Kirk has Spocks memories, and New Spock has the Romulans. I imagine the end of the run them fixing the timeline.

The original timeline happened. It had to happen for the new one to even exist. Wink Trek's been doing THIS for decades.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I am, as I'm sure many of you are, more than a little nervous about the EU. It is perhaps the biggest draw to Star Wars for me, right now. I love that universe. Yes, it's not perfect, and it's banged up more than a little, but on the whole I do love it, and I'm worried that these movies could irreparably damage it. But, then again, it's a Star Wars movie. If for no other reason than those three words, we should at the very least give it a chance. I am excited for it. I get to relive my childhood by studiously trawling through newspapers and magazines (hey! Insider might actually have something new to print!), looking for glimpses of what's to come. And then I actually get to see a brand spanking new Star Wars movie at the end of it. And in three years my niece will be 6. That gives me three years to introduce her to Star Wars, let her fall in love with it (I will make her love it!), and then she gets to experience this new - and hopefully glorious - thing, too.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Interesting news for sure. Dont know how to take it. Finally after all these years denyiong theres a third trilogy now we find out that there was a rough draft and disney want to make it. Its getting me interested enough to maybe return to the franchise but under certain conditions. I hope the EU isnt wiped clean because of this. Ive spent years and money on it and dont want it to become irrelevant. I hope we continue to get books from these eras.

Lets see how it all pans out first.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The problem with Wait And See is that we will be waiting a while until we finally get the word on what the story of the movie and it's EU status will be. Meanwhile the works that are in production and have already been developed will be releasing up till that point. If we keep going along, buying the EU materials and then have the rug dropped out on us while we were waiting, that will be a real crappy thing to do.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 1 of 33