Jaina Solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When Jaina attacked for the last time, she knew that Jacen had lost, that she couldn't lose. Yet she decided to kill him. That kind of decision is usually very bad for a Jedi - just think of Anakin Skywalker and Dooku in RotS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I agree that, in a vacuum, such actiosn would not be a good thing. However, Jaina has been training with the Mandos who go from that sort of extreme violence to a normal ("light" or at least "gray") family life at a moment's notice. If Jaina adopted that, I'd imagine that the act won't be quite the same.

Again, I think the important part is how she deals with her actions. And her short time at the end of Invincible shows that she might be aware of her actions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm still not positive, as she is the most likely candidate to found the Imperial Knights and their philosophy seems to be similar to the thinking that lead her to kill Jacen. So, it looks more likely that she will bury her doubts and - in my opinion - condemn herself, instead of coming to a conclusion that she acted wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I disagree, Jaina basically killed a very dangerous opponent, which if left alive would cause even more harm. She is understandibly broken up beacause the opponent she killed was her brother, but there was no choice in the matter. He was a danger to everyone. Now, as for the wound she will carry around, as a result of killing her brother, that will be with her for life. As for what the future may bring...who knows? Take it as it comes, is what I would say! You can never know what tomorrow will bring, only hope for the best. Maybe there is a silver lining to the dark cloud of her future. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks to Legacy, we do know something of what the future brings. I just don't like what it seems to be bringing to Jaina. I don't really mind her ending up with Jagged Fel, it's ending up in IR and probably founding the IKs, the latter meaning to me that she didn't draw the right conclusions from Invincible and instead of returning to a proper Jedi path - she isn't the only one, as Luke and the Jedi Council should find their way back to it too - she continued on her misguided, un-Jedi -like path.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Perhaps she only had a difference of opinion towards who the Jedi should stand with? You have me at a disadvantage; other than the first 2 issues, I haven't read the Legacy comics.. If she founded the Imperial Knights, perhaps it has a similar code as the, er, original Jedi? Confused By the way, is that confirmed, that she and Jag hooked up and started the Fel dynasty? I thought that it hasn't been revealed? Anyway, she was the only one that could stand against her brother, and have the best hope for not turning to the Dark-side, as everyone else would have struck at him with hate. I believe it was her love of her brother that allowed her to destroy the "thing" that consumed him. I don't know if that's very clear, but it's what I believe. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nothing confirmed about Jaina and Jagged, but hints. And the IKs seem to be very much like how Jaina herself was in Invincible... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Perhaps their allegiance is only to the Empire, the same way the Jedi of old were for the Republic/New Republic/GA? Perhaps they are more willing to go to grey areas to protect the Empire. Are they actively battling the Sith? If so, that makes them not so bad in my book. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Their loyalty is to the Emperor and not to the Empire. There are few examples of them fighting the Sith. One couldn't say that they are actively and openly battling against the Sith, they are more like covert operatives in the cases we have seen them in the 137 ABY part of Legacy. Much like the Emperor's Hands during Palpatine's time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ah! Enlightenment dawns upon me! Then they are to be considered "grey" Jedi? But Jedi nonetheless?
But back to Jaina; is she to be considered a "grey Jedi" now? Should we discuss (without blaster or lightsaber, please. I still have an unresolved duel going on with Darth Judicar somewhere in these forums...) Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The IKs are officially not Jedi but an independent Force tradition, although they are equal to Jedi in training except at least in Force powers that are connected to healing. They are a kind of Grey Jedi, but do not use Dark Side powers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Just a quick question:

As much as I hate the guy, if Jaina married Zekk, what would her last name be? Seeing as he doesn't appear to have one. *gasp* Could this be some dastardly plan to preserve the Solo name?! Shocked Marry her off to Zekk, and then, seeing as the father doesn't have a last name, the children can just take the mother's: Solo. Agh! Much as I would like to see the Solo name live on, I am now afraid. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

it could happen but as the inp Kinghts Jaina starting them is somthing i can see happining but it would be so that they would keep a good Emperor in charge of the Empire with the Moffs and all...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I hope Jaina doesnt live too deeply within the past, yes she'll always remember Jacen, but I hope that dusnt mean she cant go on, I mean after all we want the story to go on a bit more lively,---if she has a son im betting Obama wins the election that she'll name him Jacen.
__________----

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That would be so sweet: Jacen Fel! Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 23