Good Things About the Disney Acquisition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re: Good Things About the Disney Acquisition
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Feel free to discuss all the good things about the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm here. A positive place for fans to share the cool things we can look forward to without any negativity.

One interesting, though slim possibility, is that technically, they could bring back Darth Maul for Episode VII. Just imagine the announcer voice "Some Sith just won't stay dead." An unlikely idea, but possible now. And speaking of possibilities, we could actually see Quentin Tarantino direct a Star Wars film! Or that one guy who wanted to do a Boba Fett film.

Star Wars Theme parks

Oh and EVEN more SW merch. One example - Huggies; instead of Mickey and Minnie, Luke and Leia.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Star Wars Episode VII: The Quest For More Money directed by Joss Whedon goes down in flames as the worst movie of all time and Joss Whedon is never allowed to make another film.

Zac Synder signs on for the sequel with the same result. Laughing

See? I can be hopeful!

I'll give you the letter of the law on this one, Dog, but not the spirit. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Things to talk about. The past year has been pretty slow news-wise.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote  

Reep, that isn't very positive. And there's been a lot of news: Crucible, Jaina Solo Trilogy, new ongoing Star Wars comic series. And of course now, lots of news.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No sarcasm intended, I just think it's been slow lately. It's probably because I'm partial to books and there hasn't been that many books this year that I was interested in (though I was excited for the Jaina Solo trilogy, Kenobi etc. next year). And I am genuinely happy that we'll be getting a steady stream of news for the next few years. For good or for ill, anticipating movies is always a lot of fun. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's been a little slower than usual, on here. It's definitely picked up, that's for sure.

My good thing is that I'll (most likely, still not confirmed) be getting something that I've been asking for for a long time: live action Star Wars.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If these movies are post-RotJ, I'm looking forward to seeing OT era stuff with updated technology. An X-Wing dogfight with updated CGI would be amazing. I'd also really like to see an older Luke brought to life onscreen.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

New Star Wars movie quotes to use (and abuse)!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
If these movies are post-RotJ, I'm looking forward to seeing OT era stuff with updated technology. An X-Wing dogfight with updated CGI would be amazing. I'd also really like to see an older Luke brought to life onscreen.

A space battle with the choreography of the Battle over Endor with the graphics of the Battle over Coruscant would also be quite amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

More music from John Williams!

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Cerrinea wrote:
Well, we could get an entire theme park out of this like Wizarding World only Star Wars.

Joss Whedon is a possibility

Lots of fun Disney/Star Wars mashups. Already seeing those.

Oh! Just thought of another good thing. Karen Traviss canon will be totally wiped out of existence. Very Happy

Perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am so frickin stoked. Darth Tano. Maybe we finally know Ahsoka's fate. To become a Sith like her master. So much EU story as to where she was from 19BBY to 43ABY if this is true. Disney may just care about the EU a little more than George does. Gotta stay positive!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote  

I wonder how they'll push the lightsaber fights to new bounds? Maybe we'll get to see a variety of colors, too.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
I am so frickin stoked. Darth Tano. Maybe we finally know Ahsoka's fate. To become a Sith like her master. So much EU story as to where she was from 19BBY to 43ABY if this is true. Disney may just care about the EU a little more than George does. Gotta stay positive!!!!!!!

I'm 90% sure that "Twin Suns" sheet is a fake, but I imagine Ahsoka will be involved in one, way, shape, or form. However TCW was going to end has probably changed somewhat.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well fake or not, the fun is in the speculation. Who cares if it pans out. Some great fan-fic could emerge from all of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 3