Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Shocked

Justin Bieber signs on to "Star Wars" project

Ben Skywalker possibly?

My first thought was: his avatar is a troll-face. But I'm curious.

But HOLY BALLS! This is a disaster already!

How in the seven Corellian Hells could Disney pull that already? Is there no oversight? Too mad to comment further.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
My first thought was: his avatar is a troll-face. But I'm curious.

But HOLY BALLS! This is a disaster already!

How in the seven Corellian Hells could Disney pull that already? Is there no oversight? Too mad to comment further.

I take it you didn't click the link? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hahahahaha. Although I kinda hate you for doing that. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LOL Astley for the win!! Although for some reeeeeeeeeealy odd reason my initial reaction was " hummmmmm......im ok with this........." just strange!!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is a fan mock-up of the opening crawl with the Disney logo attached to the beginning... It's not the same. Sad

http://youtu.be/YZDxkmt-PJs (I promise it's not a Rick Roll!)

I will say that it does flow nicely, though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After all the craziness has died down, I have three main reactions to a new Star Wars trilogy:

1. Purely pessimistic: As an EU fan, I'm ticked. I don't think I need to say why.

Forgetting the EU...

2. Cautiously optimistic: Star Wars on the big screen again! I never though this would happen. With Lucas out of the picture (mostly), maybe these movies can be good. With the right director etc. maybe they can be great.

3. Cautiously pessimistic: I feel like there wasn't a spark of inspiration that went into the decision to make Episode VII, because of the timing. Disney acquires Star Wars and BANG Episode VII ( and VIII and IX) is greenlit. Usually there's an idea for a story and then a movie gets greenlit, not vice versa. Also, viewing the movies in isoaltion, Episodes I-VI work as a complete set. They tell the story of Anakin Skywalker and the Republic's fall and redemption. Balance is brought to the Force at last... so what now? The Force becomes unbalanced again? Lame.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know if you've seen this yet, Reep, but Mark Hamill was interviewed a few days ago, and George Lucas told him and Carrie Fisher back in August that he was making VII, VIII, and IX.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/
(It's under the second question.)

So it isn't really a sudden decision to make the movies - I think it has been in the works for a while now.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
So it isn't really a sudden decision to make the movies - I think it has been in the works for a while now.

Maybe, maybe not. I know that Lucas wanted to make a Prequel Trilogy and a Sequel Trilogy in addition to what we now call the Original Trilogy pretty much from the beginning. However, I was under the impression that the Sequel Trilogy idea had been scrapped long ago, and the Prequels were created to conclude the saga. With that in mind, the Prequels and the Originals feel like a complete set and the idea of having a Sequel Trilogy now seems forced. I don't believe for a second that Lucas had this all planned out exactly as it happened.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lucas always wanted to make the ST with Luke as the older mentor like old Ben. So how does this wipe out the EU? Luke is 60+ in FOTJ and dead in the Legacy comics. Sounds like it could fit just fine. Can we wait til they actually mess up the EU before we raise hell? Can we?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mad Wook wrote:
Lucas always wanted to make the ST with Luke as the older mentor like old Ben. So how does this wipe out the EU? Luke is 60+ in FOTJ and dead in the Legacy comics. Sounds like it could fit just fine. Can we wait til they actually mess up the EU before we raise hell? Can we?

I agree, but I don't think fans' worries should be dismissed either.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Of course not. I'm a massive EU fan, probably more than the movies at this point in my life. My initial posts are all about concern for the EU. But we just don't know yet. And at some point, just like we did about the new Star Wars comic series, it just becomes beating a dead horse. We just won't know until we know. Ya know? Wink On the flip side of that, TCW have given us every reason to be concerned. But like Randy Stradley said, GL warned them not to do Clone Wars stories because he was coming back to it. So if Del Rey and Dark Horse would have avoided that era, we wouldn't have the continuity issues we have. Granted we would have missed out on some great stories, but the fact remains.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, Lucas didn't give a rip about the EU outside of providing the odd character, location etc. and for making profit. I don't know how much creative control Lucas will still have or if Disney will care any more about the EU than he did, but I suspect not. And the things is, most of the TCW continuity quirks I could ignore (Ryloth is tide-locked in one story and not in another? Fine), but a Sequel Trilogy could be irreconcilable. I know Lucas didn't like the idea of Luke getting married at one point (he may have changed his mind by now Rolling Eyes ), and if Luke shows up in his 60s in Episode VII, never having been married and with no kids, there goes the EU. Or suppose Luke is married... but not to Mara, and with kids... but not Ben. The same could be said for Han and Leia. I certainly don't expect Anakin Solo to get any acknowledgement.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote  

If I could be granted one request for Episode VII, it would be this: it should star Jaina Solo. She could be under the tutelage of Luke at this point and the new trilogy could be a focus on the future generation of Jedi.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Well, Lucas didn't give a rip about the EU outside of providing the odd character, location etc. and for making profit. I don't know how much creative control Lucas will still have or if Disney will care any more about the EU than he did, but I suspect not. And the things is, most of the TCW continuity quirks I could ignore (Ryloth is tide-locked in one story and not in another? Fine), but a Sequel Trilogy could be irreconcilable. I know Lucas didn't like the idea of Luke getting married at one point (he may have changed his mind by now Rolling Eyes ), and if Luke shows up in his 60s in Episode VII, never having been married and with no kids, there goes the EU. Or suppose Luke is married... but not to Mara, and with kids... but not Ben. The same could be said for Han and Leia. I certainly don't expect Anakin Solo to get any acknowledgement.

^Even the biggest optimists know this can happen. Will happen? Most likely.
Still. You have no idea how good it feels (right now) to bury your head in the sand and keep dreaming. Try it I say. Delude yourself just this once. I'm telling you everything tastes sweeter.
(and when they **** things up so will Revenge of the long lived fans) Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Actually Reep, I'm hoping by some magic we WILL get ourselves some Anakin Solo. And honestly it would make some sense. They get a new star, he has a strong relation to the OT characters and he's a clean slate movie wise. Also, if they make his character like he was in the books, he has big star potential.

I know it's a long shot, but if I'm gonna dream I'm going all out!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 39