Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 167, 168, 169  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Good things of the day: It's Halloween, I'm dressed as a Sith, and there's three new Star Wars movies coming out. Yep, it's a good day. Very Happy

Whoopee! Just read the article of Disney buying Lucasfilm and Episode 7 probably coming out in 2015! Can't wait! Very Happy

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/10/disney-buys-lucasfilm/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The missus and I went to see the broadway version of Beauty and the Beast. It was so good!

It's based on the Disney movie (which is my wife's favourite Disney movie). Some of the songs were different, to make it more musical-like (individual characters needing to emote to the audience what would, in the movie, be done with dialogue and visuals). But some of the trademark songs are there, including Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast, the intro, and the song about Gaston.

The object characters (Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc.) were people wearing costumes that were halfway between what they might wear in real-life and the objects they represented. It came across that they were supposed to be enchanted objects

Be Our Guest was a massive song and dance number. Brilliant!

If Beauty and the Beast comes to your city: go see it!

In three weeks' time we have tickets for Pride and Prejudice Smile Not a musical. But stage fun! Truth universally acknowledged, am I right?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
The missus and I went to see the broadway version of Beauty and the Beast. It was so good!

It's based on the Disney movie (which is my wife's favourite Disney movie). Some of the songs were different, to make it more musical-like (individual characters needing to emote to the audience what would, in the movie, be done with dialogue and visuals). But some of the trademark songs are there, including Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast, the intro, and the song about Gaston.

The object characters (Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc.) were people wearing costumes that were halfway between what they might wear in real-life and the objects they represented. It came across that they were supposed to be enchanted objects

Be Our Guest was a massive song and dance number. Brilliant!

If Beauty and the Beast comes to your city: go see it!

In three weeks' time we have tickets for Pride and Prejudice Smile Not a musical. But stage fun! Truth universally acknowledged, am I right?

Oooooo, I envy you Taral! I always wanted to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway!
My good thing is that I finished my Luke sketch today and everyone loved it! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I installed a particularly tricky (in that it required a lot of specific configuration) program at work today on one of our servers, but was having trouble getting the associated service started after the fact. Eventually, I decided to track down the error logs to gain insight into the problem. When I found them, this is what they had to say:

"Tried 4 times to start in 30 seconds. I give up."

Cracked me up and totally made my day. Laughing

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That's brilliant Laughing What program was that?
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Luke92 wrote:
That's brilliant Laughing What program was that?

It's the BMC Remedy AR System we use at work. Usually the log files are fairly straight forward, but somebody had a little fun with this one. Hilarious. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Some of the comments on our firewall rules are like that, unfortunately none of them repeatable on here Sad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll admit, I'm not sure how these on-the-ballot votes for Propositions work in the US, so please forgive me if my terminology is off, but:

Washington State, Maryland, and Maine all passed landmark victories for Marriage Equality!

Regardless of how one feels about the outcome of the election, civil rights were just improved in the US. Not every election can say that.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Gay Johnson got over a million votes nationwide, which is huge for a third-party candidate who hasn't participated in the debates!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I'll admit, I'm not sure how these on-the-ballot votes for Propositions work in the US, so please forgive me if my terminology is off, but:

Washington State, Maryland, and Maine all passed landmark victories for Marriage Equality!

Regardless of how one feels about the outcome of the election, civil rights were just improved in the US. Not every election can say that.

Minnesota also defeated their Ban on Gay Marriage Bill. Akin was defeated in Missouri and Mourdock was defeated in Indiana by a Democrat which is amazing because Indiana is a major red state. I'd say the message was loud and clear regarding civil rights and inclusiveness.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

Minnesota also defeated their Ban on Gay Marriage Bill. Akin was defeated in Missouri and Mourdock was defeated in Indiana by a Democrat which is amazing because Indiana is a major red state. I'd say the message was loud and clear regarding civil rights and inclusiveness.

Wisconsin also elected the first openly gay U.S. Senator. A good night all around for civil rights.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote  

As I posted in the gripe thread: while cheering that your guy won or that legislation you support passed is a legit thing to consider as your good thing of the day please be mindful of your tone as not everyone is feeling as celebratory as you.

Also using threads to talk/debate about subjects reserved for the Med Grove (and thus circumvent the Med Groves closure) will not be tolerated. So please keep this in mind that discussion can only go so far. This is a place to share things you are happy about, not debate with members the pros/cons of what has made them happy.

(this is a general statement aimed at keeping the peace and not targeted at any individual implicitly or explicitly)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Speaking of the Med Grove, I'm kind of woried about her (yes I'm calling it her).

Is she still having the infamous Hawaiian fun, and can't be bothered by US elections and such, or is she, as I fear, being permanently held there by the awful Waikiki mafia?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I think the rules are still under review by the mods. Besides, it's probably a good idea to wait a few days for things to calm down before it's opened again.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think that's a wise course if action. I was personally worried there might be some minor explosions the day after election. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 142 of 169