Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 197, 198, 199  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've had that dream. Although mine is always about me missing finals, because I actually did that once. So far I haven't had it since I graduated, but I only just gradutaed, so I suppose it's only a matter of time. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ Honestly, I don't think I will. Deadlines can stress me, but they don't creep far enough into my psyche for me to dream about them.

I did have a nightmare about a ghost for the first time in, like, ten years. In my dream, I walked into a bathroom and saw a rag wiping the mirror in circular motions... with no one holding it. I ran screaming from the room and woke up afraid to move. It was so weird, because I haven't been that scared of anything, let alone a ghost, since I was little. I had forgotten how scary ghosts used to be.

I'm not really afraid of anything as well but dreams of someone dying or snakes and spiders can creep me out quite a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I had a dream the other day about a vampiric doll. This isn't a gripe. Just sayin' ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think I'm getting sick. In the past 48 hours, little red blotches formed on my torso. They don't itch, just hurt.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I had a wonderful morning. Got my new bookshelf, got it set up and such, bought Halo 4 and a new charge cable and battery for my controller, it was a grand day. Then I hurked all over my jeans. And continued for a couple of hours after that. Like, 2.5 straight hours or so. It was miserable. So now I'm not at work, laying in bed watching Harry Potter. I barely got any time on Halo and I don't have the ability to focus well enough right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Can this month get any worse?! I now not only missed the Ultimate 80's concert but I'll also miss the once in a lifetime opportunity to see Bon Jovi on stage in May! I already know I'm gonna miss it because the tickets ain't exactly cheap and all my money's going for my BlackBerry. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Completely shocked and disgusted at the outcome of the election. I knew it was probably likely that Obama would be reelected, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow. Four more years of gridlock and no real change? Is this what you want, America?

And yes, I did vote for Romney. Let me make that clear. Any Obama supporters who dare to attack me, however, will get no satisfaction from arguing with me, as I will not reply. Your guy won, mine lost, period. It's time to let this election go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Really, Obama won re-election?

First we elect Bush twice and now we elect Obama twice. I'm now fully convinced that Americans are idiots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't even live in America but I had the feeling that Obama would've won even so. Especially since I would have voted for him if I was a citizen of America (yeah, yeah Alan, I would have) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote  

Just a rminder here that this is the gripe of the day thread, not the Med Grove. People are free to gripe that their guy lost (or cheer that their guy won in the other thread). But I want to emphasize that's as far as it goes, we're not going to permit using other threads to bipass the temporary closure of the Med Grove.

I'd also like to emphasize: it may suck that your guy lost but keep the tone civil and respectful. Gripes that are rage posts/flame bait will not be tolerated. This also goes for replies to gripes.

(This is a general statement and not directed towards anyone specific).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry, Salaris, but I needed to vent. And, as I said, I have no intention of getting to a fight with anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
Sorry, Salaris, but I needed to vent. And, as I said, I have no intention of getting to a fight with anyone.

Same. I needed to gripe. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Alan Skywalker V wrote:

Same. I needed to gripe. Wink

And I just needed to share my opinion. Sorry if my post offended anybody. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm reposting something my niece posted on facebook.

"Good morning to my friends - democrats and republicans. The sun came up as always, the world is still spinning on it's axis, today people will love, hate, live and die and we will have the same choice we have everyday - to be kind and loving and hopeful, or to be snarly, cynical, and bitter. We are all blessed beyond measure and one of the blessings is that we live in the greatest democracy in the world. We are all Americans and thankful to have that privilege. Be kind, be hopeful, and if you are person of faith, be prayerful!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That is very nice, Cerrinea, I like that.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 177 of 199