Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'd read in the paper yesterday that Ford is demanding a clause in his contract (should he come back) ensuring that Han die in action. I'd not heard this before, so it might just be standard paper rumour reporting.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think he's confusing the script for episode VI.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'd read in the paper yesterday that Ford is demanding a clause in his contract (should he come back) ensuring that Han die in action. I'd not heard this before, so it might just be standard paper rumour reporting.

That's interesting. It could be done well as long as they don't turn Han's death into the nonsense that Hanson's death was in the 21 Jump Street movie. Confused

I wonder if the Sith will have any presence in the new trilogy. I could almost forgive a new conflict post-Anakin-bringing-balance-to-the-Force if it's a non-Sith conflict, because the conflict wouldn't really be Force-related. Something tells me the lure of new Sith action figures will be too great.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:

From what I've read, I think it's just the standard writer supposition to pump up the article. I mean it's hard to get a full article out of Harrison Ford says he interested in doing Han again. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

I wonder if the Sith will have any presence in the new trilogy. I could almost forgive a new conflict post-Anakin-bringing-balance-to-the-Force if it's a non-Sith conflict, because the conflict wouldn't really be Force-related. Something tells me the lure of new Sith action figures will be too great.

Not a bad idea! I actually think that a FOTJ movie could be pretty cool, and the Big Three are the right ages. The time gap might be an issue, but the Lost Tribe is not a bad set up for a movie that will appeal to both movie and EU fans.

Shia Lebouf as Ben Skywalker Embarassed .
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Not a bad idea! I actually think that a FOTJ movie could be pretty cool, and the Big Three are the right ages. The time gap might be an issue, but the Lost Tribe is not a bad set up for a movie that will appeal to both movie and EU fans.

Shia Lebouf as Ben Skywalker Embarassed .

If we got that FotJ movie we'd have to go through NJO and LotF first, which I'd be fine with

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why? I mean from a movie standpoint it's not really necessary. That's why SW has a scroller! a convenient plot devise to shoehorn in exposition.

I made the case against a NJO movie and no one wants to see LOTF, which you can't do without NJO. FOTJ can stand on it's own, all you have to establish is that luke reformed the Jedi, Han and Leia had a kid and the empire is defeated. You can jump right into Daala as HOS as a former Imperial, without establishing her character or anything else that came before. That works as a transition between ep. VI. Moviegoers will get that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Why? I mean from a movie standpoint it's not really necessary. That's why SW has a scroller! a convenient plot devise to shoehorn in exposition.

I made the case against a NJO movie and no one wants to see LOTF, which you can't do without NJO. FOTJ can stand on it's own, all you have to establish is that luke reformed the Jedi, Han and Leia had a kid and the empire is defeated. You can jump right into Daala as HOS as a former Imperial, without establishing her character or anything else that came before. That works as a transition between ep. VI. Moviegoers will get that.

I guess, but again as an EU fan not matter what they'll skip over things I consider important. That's all that would really bother me. I'd rather see NJO on screen than FotJ.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

NJO by Whedon could be pretty awesome, but I just don't think it works as a movie. Maybe as a TV series that waits forever after the pilot and ends mid season to return to a Thursday nine o clock time slot and cancelled. That's the ABC scifi formula.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
NJO by Whedon could be pretty awesome, but I just don't think it works as a movie. Maybe as a TV series that waits forever after the pilot and ends mid season to return to a Thursday nine o clock time slot and cancelled. That's the ABC scifi formula.

Honestly I thought NJO would work really well on FX. Simply do a duology per season, maybe have the EoV duology and SBS together in one or something. It could work there because the gritty, darker story and the violence of the Vong society could be portrayed better. If it hits ABC its just screwed, but I've long thought the EU could be a wonderful TV show with nearly 2 decades or so of built-in story.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm curious as to how they'd split the series into three movies, if they did make the NJO the next trilogy (though, as has been said on here before, they're going to have original stories). First movie comprised of events up to and including Anakin's death? May be a tad too dark for the first film, though.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry for the double post, guys. Another video, part two of the Kennedy/Lucas interview is up:

http://clubjade.net/?p=44197

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, if that ain't strong indication that the story will be original rather than fit with the EU, I don't know what is. And insofar as Lucas stays true to his earlier claims that there is nothing besides the story of Anakin Skywalker, something beyond early Luke is much to hope for.

This is pretty much all I need to get really pessimistic about the future of the EU.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Caedus, Dog: It has been confirmed that Episode VII will be an original story, so while it might draw on the EU like TCW, it won't be an adaptation. I didn't mean "I wonder if Vestara, Darth Krayt etc. will be in the movie", I was wondering if the Sith in general would be in the movie. When I watch the movies, I get the impression that the Sith were destroyed for good at the end of RotJ. Of course, the terms "bringing balance to the Force" and "the Chosen One" seem to have changed in the last few years.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
@Caedus, Dog: It has been confirmed that Episode VII will be an original story, so while it might draw on the EU like TCW, it won't be an adaptation. I didn't mean "I wonder if Vestara, Darth Krayt etc. will be in the movie", I was wondering if the Sith in general would be in the movie. When I watch the movies, I get the impression that the Sith were destroyed for good at the end of RotJ. Of course, the terms "bringing balance to the Force" and "the Chosen One" seem to have changed in the last few years.

I know its going to be an original story, we were just spitballing. I'd rather that than speculate on the plot of a film that's going to basically destroy all the SW I've loved for years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 5 of 24