Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote  

If the Sith are dead and gone, then bring out Waru. Very Happy

Characters aside, do you think we'll see new ships for the New Republic? Or will they still be using X-wings?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've just thought of something interesting that could give those who, like me, are worried about what happens to the EU a lot of hope.

For several years I've been saying Del Rey should write books to fill the 6 years between the end of the NJO and start of DN (29 ABY - 36 ABY), or the four years that occur between DN and LOTF (37 ABY - 41 ABY) .

The fact that nothing has ever been written during these eras may actually be an excellent turn of fate. It has been just over 34 years since ANH came out. Which means that the three main actors (Hamill, Fisher and Ford) are all at almost exactly the age they would have been in the few years after the New Jedi Order books.

This means, that if they returned to play their characters again, fighting some as-yet-unknown galactic threat, they would be perfect for the roles. Additionally, fan-favourite character Mara Jade would still be alive to appear in the movies, as would both Jacen and Jaina.

And with the focus of each trilogy being on the development of a character (Anakin in the prequels, Luke in the OT), this would give the powers that be a great chance to explore how Jacen developed through his never-before-depected 5 year journey, while the rest of the cast worked to put the galaxy back together.

In fact, it also provides a great backdrop for a new enemy. After the devastation of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, it would be easy to explain an enemy faction (or factions) with ideals very different from the newly formed Galactic Alliance who could be vying for control of the galaxy while they attempt to rebuild. In fact, this could serve as a very logical prelude for the Corellian Insurection of LOTF.

And this way, the director/writer would be free to explore entirely new ideas, with minimal reliance on already published EU works beyond the basic state of the galaxy, while not doing any significant damage to established Canon.

And then after that trilogy was completed, it would be easy to set future movies post FOTJ (pretty much exactly 10 years later, which is about how long it would take to film the first three) and focus on the re-emergence of the sith first seen in FOTJ and continue on from there.

Can you imagine if they did that? Seeing armies of Sith and Jedi fighting each other on the big screen?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like the idea Darth, but I think you're in cuckoo land if you think that they'll even consider existing canon when making these movies.

I would love to be proved wrong.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Toy Story 3's Michael Arndt to write the screenplay for Star Wars Episode VII

And this just got even more awesome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lucasfilm-confirms-michael-arndt-write-star-wars-episode-013509547.html

Michael Arndt has been chosen to write Episode VII. He has already written a story treatment for the trilogy and it will feature Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as the story of the Skywalkers is brought to a close.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lucasfilm-confirms-michael-arndt-write-star-wars-episode-013509547.html

Michael Arndt has been chosen to write Episode VII. He has already written a story treatment for the trilogy and it will feature Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher as the story of the Skywalkers is brought to a close.

I don't think the Hamill/Fisher deal is confirmed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
If the Sith are dead and gone, then bring out Waru. Very Happy

Characters aside, do you think we'll see new ships for the New Republic? Or will they still be using X-wings?

One of the great things about Star Wars is the inclusion of new material - ships and the like - with every new visual interpretation, so I think it's more than likely that we'll get new ships.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:

There's some encouraging things in that article. Michael Arndt writing the script. Awesome. Brad Bird rumoured as director. Even more awesome. See, I can be optimistic. Wink

I'm still cynical to the Nth concerning the EU, but I'm starting to get more hopeful about the new movies simply as a Star Wars movie fan. Very skeptical, but hopeful.

I don't think Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning is confirmed either, but it's good to see that it's a distinct possibility. Notice how there's no mention of Harrison Ford...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If Brad Bird directs it I won't even waste my time, it'll be similar to the Lucas directed ones - pretty but probably lacking much of a soul.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm still putting my bets on Favreau...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
If Brad Bird directs it I won't even waste my time, it'll be similar to the Lucas directed ones - pretty but probably lacking much of a soul.

Hey, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, and The Iron Giant had souls! Confused

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

I thought Ratatouille was Pixar's worst, but I liked Incredibles and Iron Giant.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Out of all of those I'll give you The Incredibles. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was all shine, no shimmer and it was his foray into live-action. I wasn't a bit Iron Giant fan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:
I like the idea Darth, but I think you're in cuckoo land if you think that they'll even consider existing canon when making these movies.

I would love to be proved wrong.

I'm not saying its likely, just that if someone took more than 10 minutes to work with Leland that it could easily be done.

Jedi Joe wrote:

HOW is this good news? Every movie I've seen by him has been essentially unwatchably painful.

GrandMaster wrote:

Unfortunately this suggests that EU canon is already out the window. Sad, but figures.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Looks like Carrie Fisher wants to return:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/07/carrie-fisher-star-wars-disney-video/

Darth_Henning wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:

HOW is this good news? Every movie I've seen by him has been essentially unwatchably painful.

Okay, Arndt has written two professional screenplays: Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine. I loved Toy Story 3 (if you didn't like it you are in a distinct minority) and it was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay. I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, but I've heard really good things about it and it won Best Original Screenplay. So, yeah, I'd say it's good news. (As a side note: it looks like he's writing the screenplay for Catching Fire also).

@Caedus: I liked Iron Giant, but I LOVED The Incredibles and Ratatouille. I haven't seen Ghost Protocol.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 6 of 33