What Would You Like More Of?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
What Would You Like More Of?
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote  

While it's always nice to get new stories from our favorite authors or even new authors, sometimes it's nice to get more from a favorite character or series. While the acquisition by Disney might pose some trouble for the future EU, the immediate EU is definitely going to churn out a few more books. So what stories by existing Star Wars authors would you like to see more of? What ideas would you like to see explored?

Personally, out of all the currently active authors, I think the one thing I'd want most would be for Drew Karpyshyn to return to the Bane series and write a Zannah and Cognus novel. Barring that, I'd like to see Paul S. Kemp return to Jaden Korr or for Drew to finish off Revan's story.

The only other story I'd have a lot of desire to see would be another Malgus book, but I don't think it would happen since they killed him.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Character wise, Zekk. I find him a pretty interesting character, but in the past few series he's just been Jaina's slightly whiny sidekick, which I feel is a huge injustice.

Author wise, I'd like to see Zahn write something outside of the OT timeline. I'm curious to see what he could do with these new threats and characters to work with.

O, and anything Matthew Stover.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ultimatedash wrote:
Character wise, Zekk. ....

I still don't understand why they cancelled Blood Oath. They could have just delayed it. Its not like his couple brief appearances in FOTJ told us anything that would remotely spoil the book.

Very poor decision IMHO.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth_Henning wrote:
Ultimatedash wrote:

I still don't understand why they cancelled Blood Oath. They could have just delayed it. Its not like his couple brief appearances in FOTJ told us anything that would remotely spoil the book.

Very poor decision IMHO.

What is Blood Oath? I never heard anything about this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ultimatedash wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
Ultimatedash wrote:

Very poor decision IMHO.

What is Blood Oath? I never heard anything about this.

It was a book set after LOTF that focused on Zekk, meant to explain how he got from the end of Invincible to FOTJ.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Oath

Apparently there were problems getting the manuscript finished, so it was canceled.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^^ .....I feel so robbed and empty now! Man, I can't beleive Zekk was gonna get his own book.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:

Very poor decision IMHO.

The decision wasn't entirely Del Rey's fault because there were issues Elaine Cunningham was having at the time -- which seemed to drag on and on. The book just wasn't going to happen and Del Rey really had no choice but to cancel it. By the time they would have lined up a new author, gotten the book written and published, there was no point in doing it. FOTJ was already in the works and Zekk's fate was revealed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I know what I want - more X-wings and more pilots !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

More Karen Traviss and Fett. You heard me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very easy question.

VADER! VADER! VADER!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:

Very poor decision IMHO.

The decision wasn't entirely Del Rey's fault because there were issues Elaine Cunningham was having at the time -- which seemed to drag on and on. The book just wasn't going to happen and Del Rey really had no choice but to cancel it. By the time they would have lined up a new author, gotten the book written and published, there was no point in doing it. FOTJ was already in the works and Zekk's fate was revealed.

Still don't see why it had to be cancelled. We know Zekk survives...that doesn't exactly spoil anything about the plot. At all. OH, and that he ends up with one of the twins. Also not a huge spoiler/surprise.

Certainly no more of a spoiler than ROTJ was to SOTE when it was written...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mad Wook wrote:
More Karen Traviss and Fett. You heard me.

That would be fantastic. She did great things with the characters that she made, but I can only imagine what she could do with Fett. Perhaps tell us more about his days as mandalore?

Wait.. which Fett are we talking about? I've gotta say Im a sucker for anything Jango.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well I was referring to Boba and the cancelled novel that she was supposed to write that would have taken place while he was Mandalore. But anything Jango would have been most welcome too.

And welcome to you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Something without Mandalorians or Jedi.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Murray1134 wrote:
Something without Mandalorians or Jedi.

You'll probably love Scoundrels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1