The Walking Dead Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

David Morrissey hits me right in my picky little heart. Holy crap, he is perfect for the role. I like the changes they've made.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This thread has been quiet.

I haven't been too impressed with this season so far. The Governor and Stepford have really suffered from a lack of development. It started with we shouldn't trust them they are kind of creepy and then repeated that for 4 more episodes. Is he supposed to be morally ambiguous? He just seems like kind of a dick. Maybe it is cliche but I would appreciate it more if he just goes full on psycho. The family zombie thing has already been done, it was what all of last season was about, so that feels stale to me.

The last two episodes were one full day, but certain time frames seemed really off. Like how long was Rick killing zombies until Glen met him? Was that for hours, because based on the previous scenes and the past episode that seemed like it was about ten minutes later, not half the day.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
This thread has been quiet.

I haven't been too impressed with this season so far. The Governor and Stepford have really suffered from a lack of development. It started with we shouldn't trust them they are kind of creepy and then repeated that for 4 more episodes. Is he supposed to be morally ambiguous? He just seems like kind of a dick. Maybe it is cliche but I would appreciate it more if he just goes full on psycho. The family zombie thing has already been done, it was what all of last season was about, so that feels stale to me.

The last two episodes were one full day, but certain time frames seemed really off. Like how long was Rick killing zombies until Glen met him? Was that for hours, because based on the previous scenes and the past episode that seemed like it was about ten minutes later, not half the day.

Read the comics. The stuff about the Governor will make sense then. And then I agree with you on the timelines, its awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

well, what do you think so far? Are other people digging it, disappointed, or for those comic readers, waiting for stuff that they are expecting down the line?

In terms of just the show, it dropped a pretty big bomb and there wasn't a peep here from people who were buzzing a few weeks ago.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
well, what do you think so far? Are other people digging it, disappointed, or for those comic readers, waiting for stuff that they are expecting down the line?

In terms of just the show, it dropped a pretty big bomb and there wasn't a peep here from people who were buzzing a few weeks ago.

After this last episode...

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I keep thinking about this thread, but forget to post in it. I guess everyone else has too..anyone still watching the show or did the midseason break kill it off for you?

I'm loving this half season. I was feeling let down by the show, but it's come back and addressed all the complaints I had about the first half.

I didn't like the episode where Gov'na chases Andrea around. It felt a little cliche horror to me, but maybe that's what fans like. Other than that the last few, Rick going back home, the Negotiation and Daryl and Merle, have been some of the best episodes of the whole series for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I keep thinking about this thread, but forget to post in it. I guess everyone else has too..anyone still watching the show or did the midseason break kill it off for you?

I'm loving this half season. I was feeling let down by the show, but it's come back and addressed all the complaints I had about the first half.

I didn't like the episode where Gov'na chases Andrea around. It felt a little cliche horror to me, but maybe that's what fans like. Other than that the last few, Rick going back home, the Negotiation and Daryl and Merle, have been some of the best episodes of the whole series for me.

Rick going back home was amazing, best episode of the series. The bottle episode with him and the Gov sitting down was close as well. Daryl and Merle though, that episode was predictable. You know when someone is screwed because they get character development even though they aren't a comics character.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm still watching.

I like it because I keep it totally spoiler free (no comics, no news, no trailers) and cannot predict who's going to die next. As far as I know most characters are expendable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Still watching and loving it. Man am I glad they are off the farm. Rick going home episode was amazing, best of the season. But man that last one!!! All bad men who have a redemption moment are doomed, but that was a great way to go out.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote  

Supposedly 27 people are going to die in the season finale. That's a big kill count.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Supposedly 27 people are going to die in the season finale. That's a big kill count.

And they'll probably mostly be redshirts and a few specific characters...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Andrea is a goner. Also Sasha and Tyrese.

Not Daryl. No one would watch the show anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Andrea is a goner. Also Sasha and Tyrese.

Not Daryl. No one would watch the show anymore.

Sasha and Tyrese just showed up, they're fine for awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote  

What about Zombie number 2? He's my favorite. I think I'd be crushed if they killed him. Laughing

I'm hoping the governor goes out in style since I imagine he'll be dying.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
What about Zombie number 2? He's my favorite. I think I'd be crushed if they killed him. Laughing

I'm hoping the governor goes out in style since I imagine he'll be dying.

Uh...well..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 4 of 10