Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
I'm reposting something my niece posted on facebook.

"Good morning to my friends - democrats and republicans. The sun came up as always, the world is still spinning on it's axis, today people will love, hate, live and die and we will have the same choice we have everyday - to be kind and loving and hopeful, or to be snarly, cynical, and bitter. We are all blessed beyond measure and one of the blessings is that we live in the greatest democracy in the world. We are all Americans and thankful to have that privilege. Be kind, be hopeful, and if you are person of faith, be prayerful!"

Your niece has a great way of seeing these things.Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been sick all week. I literally had to drag myself out of bed to go vote Tuesday. Then I went straight back to bed. I'm still feeling lousy and at that "dig through dirty clothes to find the least objectionable" stage.

I really wish I'd get over this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm sick, as well. At least my manager was kind enough to let me go home early last night when she saw my temperature was spiking.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I had the worst experience with IKEA this past weekend!

So my wife bought a new computer desk and TV stand from there. We had them delivered last week, and we both had Sunday off so we put them together. Desk looks great, but the TV stand was broken. The top surface had a big chunk taken out of it in the manufacturing process. We only noticed after almost finishing the assembly, so I called customer service and they confirmed that I could bring in just the broken piece and they'll open a new box and take one out for me.

So Monday (which I had off), I went to IKEA with the broken piece. They gave me a new one, we looked it over, and it looked fine, they gave me some meal vouchers for my trouble, and off I went.

I get home, and noticed that the pre-drilled holes were in the wrong place. It was the right piece, but the holes wouldn't fit. So I freaked out, and drove back to IKEA (note: it's a 30 minute drive each way, and this is the second trip of the day). It turned out that the TV stand is manufactured by two different outsourced entities, and they have slightly different manufacturing processes. They didn't have any with holes that matched my version. I was livid.

They're picking up the TV stand, refunding me my money, and gave me a $30 gift card for my trouble. But I was so mad!

I took Cave Johnson's advice: When life gives you lemons...make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I took Cave Johnson's advice: When life gives you lemons...make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?!

I love that quote so much. Laughing

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

Correction: When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave him wondering how the hell you did it! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wait. Is Life giving away free lemons? Smile

I could use some vitamins, 'cause I'm in a wierd state between sickness and being healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been told that people don't understand how stop signs work. They think, "I stopped, so now I get to go, right?" regardless of what the rest of traffic is doing. This is something that I never really encountered until today.

At a 4 way stop someone tried to go at the same time as me and honked at me because they failed to realize the fact that I got there before them and yielded to the person who had the right of way meant that it was now my turn to go.

Later at that same intersection the car in front of me went forward and hit a freaking bicyclist that was crossing the street! Apparently they felt like it was not necessary to look directly in front of them while driving.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I've been told that people don't understand how stop signs work. They think, "I stopped, so now I get to go, right?" regardless of what the rest of traffic is doing. This is something that I never really encountered until today.

At a 4 way stop someone tried to go at the same time as me and honked at me because they failed to realize the fact that I got there before them and yielded to the person who had the right of way meant that it was now my turn to go.

Later at that same intersection the car in front of me went forward and hit a freaking bicyclist that was crossing the street! Apparently they felt like it was not necessary to look directly in front of them while driving.

I feel your pain. I live down the street from an uncontrolled intersection that for some reason everyone thinks is a through street. I've nearly been killed multiple times just for obeying the laws of the road.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Amazon really not in my good books. My copy of Black Ops II still hasn't arrived despite paying for first class delivery to arrive on release day, and now my copy of Annihilation has been delayed because "they haven't got the stock from their supplier", which is the same reason for the farce of my Essential Reader's Companion. Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My sister turned off my Xbox yesterday before I could save the 2 hours of progress I'd just sunk into Reach. I'm strangely calm about the whole thing. But I suppose that may be a bad sign. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote  

Gripe of the day: the servers were slow at school today so printing jobs took forever. I had two PDFs that totaled 20 double sided pages and it took 45 minutes to print. The only reason I was willing to wait was because they were scans of the book the pages were from were done poorly (the type with big toner eating black borders around the actual book page).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think I'm making it official: I am going to stop buying all Star Wars titles as they are released simply because they're Star Wars.

While I still love Star Wars, my interest in it is waning in favour of Marvel comics. And since my budget is such that I can't buy all of both, I'm beginning to not buy the Star Wars things that interest me less, in favour of more Marvel books that interest me more.

I haven't bought Mercy Kill (I haven't read most of the X-Wing books yet), and I won't be buying the next arc of Dark Times (my least favourite comic series). I will finish Lost Tribe, Dawn of the Jedi, and Agent of the Empire, and decide on future arcs as they are solicited.

I'm so far behind on reading prose stories that I own Scourge and I'm about to buy TOR: Annihilation, but won't read them for at least a month. Why am I buying books if I don't read them? This has become a financial sinkhole for things I don't enjoy as much anymore.

I'll still buy all of the omnibuses, and I may buy all paperback books (I prefer hardcovers, but there's no need to add $20.00 to the price if I won't read it until after the PB comes out. And I'm still looking forward to the Star Wars ongoing series coming in January. I support I'm just not a Star Wars completionist anymore.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I think I'm making it official: I am going to stop buying all Star Wars titles as they are released simply because they're Star Wars.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I skipped both Mercy Kill and Annihilation and I don't think I'll buy for awhile other than Scoundrels.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You shouldn't skip Mercy Kill. It's a really good book. Annihilation, eh, I'd give it a miss. I didn't like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 178 of 194