Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 164, 165, 166  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I refuse to play Halo 4 without playing Halo 3, and my sister refuses to let me play 3 until we finish 2. I've already played 2, but she's watching me play them all. We finished 2 last night, so we'll start 3 tonight. Reach is the only one out of order, but chronologically it comes first. So I don't mind going ahead with that one. No worries, I'll get there. Smile

How...how are you this far behind? My mind is fractured.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Because I haven't had a 360! How else would I play? I've been behind on consoles. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Best wierd day at work ever.

Leader of the board resigns. My maneger gets all her powers revoked for (at least) a week (up till now she had almost UNLIMITED POWER ). People that made this happen won't be avilable for a week.

They left us workers/employees with a firm. No one is in charge!

Well, we WILL do fine. Hey! we'll do better.

Strange that in scenario like this, I always thought I'll be the rebel anarchist who doesn't give a kark.

But right now I don't even fell like ******** on Debra's desk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My good thing: I finally found a Luke bobblehead. I have Leia, 3P0, and Yoda, but couldn't find Han or Luke to save my life. Finally tracked down adorable X-Wing pilot Luke.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I refuse to play Halo 4 without playing Halo 3, and my sister refuses to let me play 3 until we finish 2. I've already played 2, but she's watching me play them all. We finished 2 last night, so we'll start 3 tonight. Reach is the only one out of order, but chronologically it comes first. So I don't mind going ahead with that one. No worries, I'll get there. Smile

This is how it should be played Very Happy . But what of Halo Wars and ODST?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have ODST waiting to be played, but I'm still trying to pick up Wars. Working on it, though.

And may I just say Halo 3 is absolutely incredible! Totally worth all the years I've waited to play it. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have ODST waiting to be played, but I'm still trying to pick up Wars. Working on it, though.

And may I just say Halo 3 is absolutely incredible! Totally worth all the years I've waited to play it. Cool

Wars is pretty awesome but ODST is a big disappointment. That one can be skipped completely with no negative outcome on your story experience. Its fun, but super short and fairly interesting but overall just not near as enjoyable. I know you'll play it though lol Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Of course I'll play it! You haven't deterred me in the least, good sir. Haha. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Of course I'll play it! You haven't deterred me in the least, good sir. Haha. Wink

Your funeral Wink

Seriously though, it was the most disappointing aspect of Halo yet. Now Halo 4, see that's something mind-blowing in the story department. Plus once you've finished it I recommend reading the Forerunner novels so that I can share theories with someone out there!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've already read Cryptum. I'll be honest...didn't capture my attention. But all the same, I'm asking for Primordium for Christmas. So just be patient! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've already read Cryptum. I'll be honest...didn't capture my attention. But all the same, I'm asking for Primordium for Christmas. So just be patient! Very Happy

Once you play Halo 4 it'll capture your attention a lot better Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

ODST was one of my favourites! Yes, it's short, but it was never billed as a full game (though they still made us pay full price for it Confused . I'm not too fussed about that, as I got Sergeant Johnson for Firefight). Glad you're enjoying 3 Smile .

Now for my good thing: Passed 50K words for NaNoWriMo Very Happy .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I forgot to tell everyone - I beat Halo 4 on Legendary by myself last night. I am...very tired.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

After a bit of a gap with nothing to report on the writing front, I've recently had success with two projects.

I've been a fan of the BBC sci-fi series, Blakes 7, from when it was first broadcast at the end of the 70's. Big Finish Productions recently acquired the licence to make B7 audio dramas and books. They invited fans to submit ideas for a 20,000 word novella, set in the first season, and mine was one of three chosen for an anthology to be published next year.
Some of the first writing I ever did was Blakes 7 fanfiction, back when the programme was still being aired. I've written more since then, some of which has been in fanzines. It's very exciting to think that I'm going to be an officially published B7 writer. The series has been part of my life for so long, and in so many ways, and now I'm going to be part of it !

The other project is kind of related to the first. I've been writing western novels for 20 years now. One of the actors in Blakes 7, Paul Darrow, once said in an interview that he had always wanted to be in a western movie. So, a few years ago, I wrote a western that 'borrowed' the characters played by Paul Darrow and Michael Keating in the series. I made Avon and Vila into a sheriff and his deputy, and gave them the surnames of the actors who played them. 'Darrow's Law' came out in 1999, with 'Darrow's Word' and 'Darrow's Badge' coming later. The fourth book about them, and my fourteenth western altogether, is 'Darrow's Gamble', which has just been accepted by my western publishers. It's nearly three years since my last western was published, so it's a bit overdue. (I've written a lot of SW fanfic in the meantime).

I'm very happy about both acceptances, and will be even happier when I finish actually writing the B7 story Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Congratulations CD, that's great news.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 144 of 166