Random Movie Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 173, 174, 175  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Off to see that Bond movie tonight. I'll have to get used to calling it 'Skyfall'. I keep calling it 'Skyrim' in my head.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
My wife and I saw Hotel Transylvania on Saturday night. So good! Great animation and voice acting, and a fun story Smile

Oh, it was amazing! Except for the whole vampire rap number at the end...yeah, that kinda creeped me out... Confused

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

To each its own I say!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I may end up seeing Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 this weekend.

My wife gets 50% enjoyment from the movie, 50% enjoyment from laughing at the movie. I genuinely have a good time laughing at the Twilight movies. Especially when you realize a few memes within (like how similar Jacob is to the Incredible Hulk.)
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I finally saw Looper last night. It was pretty good. I thought it was a little overrated though.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Off to see that Bond movie tonight. I'll have to get used to calling it 'Skyfall'. I keep calling it 'Skyrim' in my head.

I loved it bro.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Daniel Craig in Skyrim the movie? Where's the studios, start throwing the money at it!

The Twilight movies are pretty funny, but I enjoy them at home. I don't know if I could take it in the theater, especially opening weekend.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Caedus_16 wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

I loved it bro.

Same here, dude! I'm not a big Bond fan, but even I was quite appreciative of the depth of the backstory that they gave us. Also, though I have seen the last few movies, and am familiar the M (Fun fact: the real world M is always called 'C'), I could appreciate that they took the time to show their relationship, and the bond they share. As such
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

But I think the main reason I liked this one a lot, more so than the last two, is that it had the feeling of Bond. Not just with the inclusion of Q, Moneypenny, the Aston Martin and gadgets - even in their more basic form - but the Bond character. He had the focus of the earlier Bond in the books, the killing machine Bond. But he was also looser, either Craig or the writers being more comfortable with the character, and have that swagger be present.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah! Perfect topic to share my thoughts about the movie I just saw.
The Three Stooges
Probably the most hilariously stupid movie I ever saw in my life. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I finally saw Knowing, and it was pretty terrible. The disasters were beyond over-the-top, the CGI was bad, there was very little character development, the dialogue was cheesy, and the doomsday plot was very forced.

At least it gave a few good laughs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
I finally saw Knowing, and it was pretty terrible. The disasters were beyond over-the-top, the CGI was bad, there was very little character development, the dialogue was cheesy, and the doomsday plot was very forced.

At least it gave a few good laughs.

But like all horrible movies those entertaining few will herald it as something the rest of us plebeians are too stupid to understand.

I hated that one. It was a terrible movie, the plot was cheesy and contrived, and there wasn't much of an entertaining aspect to it at all. Even Rose Byrne's acting is usually something to latch onto, but I couldn't get into it at all.Absolutely a waste of the $2.50 I spent on it, that could have gone to a couple of gas station bananas or to one of those "cost of a cup of coffee a day" places, anywhere would have been more worthy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I finally saw Wreck-It Ralph last night. SO GOOD. Every part of it was just so fun. And the animation and voice acting made the characters so amazing. You really felt Vanellope's pain in that one scene.

Also, that Disney short that preceded it: I hope to God that it's on the Blu-Ray. ADORBS!!!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote  

I saw Skyfall and like it. Pretty good Bond film. Javier Bardem did a really good job as the villain. I loved how his helicopter played music when he attacked. That was just perfect for the character. Plus Bond with an elephant rifle = totally awesome. Hope Daniel Craig gets to make a few more Bond films. I like him in the role.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I saw Skyfall and like it. Pretty good Bond film. Javier Bardem did a really good job as the villain. I loved how his helicopter played music when he attacked. That was just perfect for the character. Plus Bond with an elephant rifle = totally awesome. Hope Daniel Craig gets to make a few more Bond films. I like him in the role.

Unfortunately even though he originally signed on for 5 he's asking to be released from the contract and make this his last Bond movie. He's getting burnt out on the role and while I'd love to see him at least finish out that storyline with the Quantum organization I'd rather him drop out now than play a role and more and more visibly show he's just getting tired of it (a-la Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not much of a James Bond fan, but Daniel Craig was by far my favourite.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 141 of 175