The Phantom Menace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A lot of people have complained about Lucas's behavior and skill as a director during filming but holy crap...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Lloyd felt so much anger towards the George Lucas directed film that he destroyed all of his Star Wars memorabilia

After seeing what they are going for on Ebay, I would too.

Ok, Ok. I'm done. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
A lot of people have complained about Lucas's behavior and skill as a director during filming but holy crap...

I think his mom the entertainment agent is the one to blame here and not George Lucas.
Bet she pushed her son into acting while clearly young Jake Lloyd wasn't dreaming of becoming famous. And I don't think it's fair to blame GL for the consequences of being/becoming famous.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I cant believe that, i would hav thought he would hav been very popular at school for playing such an iconic role.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was under the impression that he made this decision a long time ago.

At least some of his interviews suggested as much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Another Holloywood brat who didn't get his way and had a pushy mom making him do all those interviews. He got upset at kids making lightsabre noises--really?!

Bet the real reason he quit was b/c GL would not let him play Anakin in E2 & E3.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Jake Lloyd who played Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace quit film industry after life made a living hell

Interesting read, Star Wars fans!

Apparently not. From ClubJade

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Is the Daily Telegraph a reliable news source?

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

SidiousThrawn wrote:
Is the Daily Telegraph a reliable news source?

Reasonably. Not as atrocious as the Daily Mail.

But where does it say the Telegraph? It says the original article (the one that said he wanted to quit acting) came from the Sun, which you can't believe a word of.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone happen to know whether Anakin had only one pit droid assigned to him at the Boonta?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^I think only GL knows something like that. And even he would decide the number, only because someone asked him.

I would love to be proven wrong though. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I decided to watch The Phantom Menace yesterday again (on blu-ray; haven't seen the movies too many times on blu-ray yet lol).

A question came over me while I was watching it.

The Naboo ship was clearly valuable. Enough to off-set the cost of the entry fee into the podrace.

Why didn't Qui-Gon offer Watto the ship?

"Here's the deal: you give me the hyperdrive, I install it into the ship, you fly with us to Coruscant, and when we land on Coruscant, you fly away on your fancy new Nubian ship, which happens to include the hyperdrive I just bought. You essentially get the ship for free, after I gently use the spare part I need."

Implications: Anakin would be left on Tatooine, in all likeliness (Watto's not likely to bring his slave to a planet where slavery is illegal). So no Anakin as a Jedi, no Vader, etc.

I want to see an Infinities comic that addresses this. I'm not likely to get one though, so I may think about larger implications and put them here.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure if I was just imagining this, but I vaguely recall that during the firefight in the Theed hangar near the end of the film, Sabe is briefly shown in her decoy robes taking shots at the battle droids. There's a guy right in front of her who rushes out from behind cover, is hit in the chest, and goes down. Killed or wounded, I'm not sure.

BUT, from my recollection, he was wearing fighter pilot gear, and in the novelization, Anakin climbs into his fighter because he realizes it's not going anywhere since all the others have pilots. Could the fighter Anakin and R2 took have been the injured (or dead) pilot's (if he was a pilot)?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
I'm not sure if I was just imagining this, but I vaguely recall that during the firefight in the Theed hangar near the end of the film, Sabe is briefly shown in her decoy robes taking shots at the battle droids. There's a guy right in front of her who rushes out from behind cover, is hit in the chest, and goes down. Killed or wounded, I'm not sure.

BUT, from my recollection, he was wearing fighter pilot gear, and in the novelization, Anakin climbs into his fighter because he realizes it's not going anywhere since all the others have pilots. Could the fighter Anakin and R2 took have been the injured (or dead) pilot's (if he was a pilot)?

Are you suggesting that, in an alternate universe where that pilot didn't die, Anakin didn't fly into and destroy the Trade Federation ship, and so the Battle of Naboo was lost?

Cool.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No, I'm just trying to establish if there was a Naboo pilot killed or injured before reaching his starfighter, or if it was just a figment of my imagination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 5 of 6