Star Wars Saga in 3D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
That is a weird choice. I can imagine a significant portion of people will be opting out of seeing both and paying extra for 3D when they are that close together.

Also...you know...we could then have the option of just skipping AotC and not suffering through it...

Honestly, so much hate for poor little AotC. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Haha don't you mean the worst love scenes in the history of love scenes? Because there wasn't really a good one in that movie. To me if they chopped out anything that wasn't related to Ewan it'd be a fun, enjoyable movie that isn't brilliant but beyond entertaining.

I was referring specifically to the one where Padme declares her love for Anakin for absolutely no reason whatsoever except she must've lost her mind. Very Happy

Oh yeah, totally agree with you about the Ewan scenes Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
To me if they chopped out anything that wasn't related to Ewan it'd be a fun, enjoyable movie that isn't brilliant but beyond entertaining.

That's honestly what I felt TPM was. It's not a great film, but it had some memorable scenes (the podrace, the lightsaber duel, even the "planet core" scene) that were entertaining.

I'll see AotC once because I haven't seen it in theaters, and it's in 3D. I made it my goal to see all nine Star Wars films in theaters. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Haha don't you mean the worst love scenes in the history of love scenes? Because there wasn't really a good one in that movie. To me if they chopped out anything that wasn't related to Ewan it'd be a fun, enjoyable movie that isn't brilliant but beyond entertaining.

I was referring specifically to the one where Padme declares her love for Anakin for absolutely no reason whatsoever except she must've lost her mind. Very Happy

Would love it if things like that happened in real life though. Very Happy

Market:
Boy buys an orange.
Girl saw Boy buy an orange. Comes to Boy.
Girl: "You've bought an orange?"
Boy: "Yes I did. But don't judge me, I'm not totally corrupt."
Girl: "I truly deeply love you."
Hogy: "WTF. 'scuse me I have to hurl."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Oh yeah, totally agree with you about the Ewan scenes Wink

Have you ever seen the video that describes how the prequel trilogy could have been better? It basically makes the first film all about Obi-Wan, then builds up Anakin in the last two. It just makes sense instead of the bad actors and such we got.

And ya, that scene is awful but sadly every moment the two of them are onscreen is painful!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You mean the Belated Media one?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
You mean the Belated Media one?

Indeed that's the one!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
To me if they chopped out anything that wasn't related to Ewan it'd be a fun, enjoyable movie that isn't brilliant but beyond entertaining.

That's honestly what I felt TPM was. It's not a great film, but it had some memorable scenes (the podrace, the lightsaber duel, even the "planet core" scene) that were entertaining.

TPM drags. The podrace is an annoying detour right when the plot starts to get interesting, there are more boring Senate scenes, heavy Jar Jar involvement, no main character etc. AotC is bad, but it's very entertaining. I'm almost never bored while watching it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote  

TPM didn't have enough Jar Jar. You can't go wrong with more of him. More the merrier. Now if Revenge of the Sith would have went heavy on the Jar Jar instead of all that silly lightsaber fighting between Yoda and Sidious or Anakin and Obi-Wan, it would have been way better.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Skuldren...I think you may have a fever or something. You might want to get that checked. I'm worried about you. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Episode II and III 3D films have been postponed.

Quote:
Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's disappointing, but I'm glad Lucasfilm is focusing their attention on new material. Dennis Muren and company will have plenty of sleepless nights with the ST as it is. They don't need more pressure than they already have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When you said 'ST', I thought you meant Star Trek. This is possibly going to get confusing ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 17 of 17