Republic Commando: Order 66 Discussion: SPOILERS Allowed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote  

Is their beginning the end though or will it expand?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, just finished it . . .

Wow, KT. Great deliverance, as usual. Especially towards the end, it was impossible to put down. So Etain . . . Crying or Very sad Although I kinda saw it coming, I tried to tell myself it wouldn't happen, but oh well. And then so many loose ends . . . Darman and Niner, Sev, the cure to accelerated growth, Kad, etc . . . Really can't wait till Imperial Commando. Cool

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote  

Overall I think it was an amazing novel. I'm still not sure I like Etain's fate. That was the one point I didn't like.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Maybe I'll like it better the second time around.

I'm glad that there is another book coming out, if I had finished the book but it wasn't known another one was coming out I would be so upset.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote  

Selfless Jedi, what do you expect? When there raised from birth and brainwashed with such principles for so long, it's bound to stick with them. They are doomed to such fates.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, she died for what she thought was right, regardless of what Kal or Dar or anyone thought. Selfless sacrifice is always dramatic and controversial. But I mean, come on...didn't we all have some idea that it was bound to end in tears regardless of our most fervent hopes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  

Maybe some small, hidden part of me knew it, but I still held on to the possibility that she might've pulled through. Alas she was pretty much doomed when she decided to walk there. I mean that was ridiculous. Even if those other Jedi didn't show up, she still had two lightsabers in her bags and they were searching the bags. She didn't have a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Maybe some small, hidden part of me knew it, but I still held on to the possibility that she might've pulled through. Alas she was pretty much doomed when she decided to walk there. I mean that was ridiculous. Even if those other Jedi didn't show up, she still had two lightsabers in her bags and they were searching the bags. She didn't have a chance.

Indeed, as a friend of mine would put it; "she was hurtin' for certain!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

But you have to admit, her death scene was very sad. Even though she wasn't my favorite, and I kinda expected her to die, it was very depressing to read. Crying or Very sad

I kinda thought Delta would kill her though . . .

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Me too! Her manner of death really blind-sided me. Sad I read it about a month ago, and I usually reread a SW book within a week after finishing it, but the ending really got to me. I just thought to myself, "whoah, dude, this is getting too real, give it time..", you know?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I thought Delta would do it, too. I actually found it ironic that the Jedi did it.

I didn't cry then, though. I cried later, when Kad put his toy in the pyre.

It was a good book, aside from some small parts...like, I'm just not sure if I like the whole 'Jango's insane sister' story arc. I thought the comic where his family died made it pretty clear that his whole family was dead. Then again, there's that Sci-fi rule about "If there isn't a body..." So I don't know. I just can't see where she's going to fit in with later books.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

jedipoodoo wrote:
Me too! Her manner of death really blind-sided me. Sad I read it about a month ago, and I usually reread a SW book within a week after finishing it, but the ending really got to me. I just thought to myself, "whoah, dude, this is getting too real, give it time..", you know?

I know! You see, I usually don't like books when everything works out perfectly, and everyone gets out safe and happily, and the bad guys are vanquished, and hip hip hooray! But seriously now . . . the end of Order 66 was downright morbid. Well-written, but morbid . . .

The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

@ Darth Judicar

Quite morbid; but this did introduce "the dark times", made so infamous by Obi-Wan way back when episode 4 was simply known as Star Wars. I guess I just kinda felt bad for the Skirata clan, they have such a dark future ahead of them.

Hey, I just thought of something, if at the end of this book, the whole clan was immensely wealthy, how come in Revelation, they had to resort to food handouts as payment for healing Sintas? What happened to those trillions of credits? Anyone care to venture a guess? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote  

I kinda kept hoping that Etain would appear as a Force ghost near the end of the book when they started talking about what happens to a Jedi after death. Maybe she will appear as a Force ghost in a future book.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote  

Skirata's gonna spend it all. Plus all those clones have a nasty sweet tooth. Very Happy

I wonder if they'll do anything more with Jango's crazy sister. I'm betting Traviss has something in mind for her. Hmm...what could it be?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There must be more for her character coming up. Because it just does not seem like Traviss to introduce a character and then not use them. Speaking of which, I'm always going to wonder about the mind Jusik sensed in the asylum but wasn't able to recover. That's going to annoy me so bad! Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 6