Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 180, 181, 182 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I liked the guy who named his rabbits after food: pepper, cajun, breakfast, etc.

His reasoning is much like why we call our dog Dog. It's generally not a good idea to give cute names to things you might have to eat.

EDIT: I should have clarified that, because of that show, she herself is turning into a prepper - or at least seriously thinking about it.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote  

You plan on eating your dog? Don't you know that's what your cats are for?

Now if you called your dog Dee-oh-gee, that I would understand. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing

Nah, we've no cats, and the neighbourhood ones are difficult to catch.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Listening to an American commentary team during a football (soccer) match is cringeworthy. At least read a rulebook first Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
I liked the guy who named his rabbits after food: pepper, cajun, breakfast, etc.

His reasoning is much like why we call our dog Dog. It's generally not a good idea to give cute names to things you might have to eat.

I wanted to to reply with something witty, but I just can't stop laughing. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It took the government 4 months to approve my move from Cube A to Cube B. And what did they do the week it was approved? Cancelled it. Neutral

Now I don't mind, because I like where I am better than where they were putting me, but it's the principle of the matter.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

But now you'll never know what secrets they're hiding in Cube B.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not a nubie when it comes to PCs (or comps in general), but today I've gottem myself a smatphone. Sith I miss my old phone. I so feel lost.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently I am one sip of coffee away from a yawning fit each morning. I miss that sip or two on the way to work...I yawn for the rest of the day. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure what the meaning of yawning fit is, but I'm yawning right now and I'm so makeing myself a cup of caf,.... I mean coffee.

Coffee! Coffee! Coffee!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't like mice. I know one side of home ownership (especially in the Great White North) is that they occasionally work their way into your house. Yesterday was one of those days.

I had hoped my cat would kill it, but she's pretty useless as a mouser. When I came home from work, it was still alive and running about the basement. I had to set traps, hid the cat (so that she wouldn't hurt herself on the traps), and then my wife and I convinced it to explore the trap area. It did, and I won.

But I had to watch the mouse die. It was not a fun experience. I do not recommend it.

Small animals are terrible. Cats are the only pet I like, and the only animal I ever want inside my house.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Luke92 wrote:
Listening to an American commentary team during a football (soccer) match is cringeworthy. At least read a rulebook first Mad

Try watching a Spurs match in the US, they keep telling you how great Dempsey is even when he's having a shocker!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I don't like mice.

I, sir, am offended. Evil or Very Mad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If you've ever heard the "Twelve Pains of Christmas" song, I have one to add. I hate all the "Rewards Cards" different companies convince you to sign up for! They're free, so it's not like I've fallen into a hopeless trap. But I know I've signed up for 5 new ones just this Christmas season. And I forget about them, plus they're mostly for stores I only visit during Christmas...so they honestly do me no good. Just a lot of paperwork and plastic to clutter my purse. Why do I do this to myself? Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I don't like mice. I know one side of home ownership (especially in the Great White North) is that they occasionally work their way into your house. Yesterday was one of those days.

I had hoped my cat would kill it, but she's pretty useless as a mouser. When I came home from work, it was still alive and running about the basement. I had to set traps, hid the cat (so that she wouldn't hurt herself on the traps), and then my wife and I convinced it to explore the trap area. It did, and I won.

But I had to watch the mouse die. It was not a fun experience. I do not recommend it.

Small animals are terrible. Cats are the only pet I like, and the only animal I ever want inside my house.

We're experiencing a rat problem. Actually, technically the students next door are experiencing a rat problem, but since rats don't respect house boundaries they occasionally make forays into our garden . Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 181 of 200