New Legacy Comics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
Source? I've seen people mention that this was stated at some point, but I have never come across the original reference.

It's here:

I had just looked this up in person not five minutes ago in my own TPBs.

I had completely forgotten that line. Not sure how.

So, that does explain some of the lineage. However, it then leaves open whether the new featured character in the comics is Roan's sister/cousin, or Allana's descendent.

Either way, based on the age that she appears on the cover, it suggests strongly that these occur before the currently existing Legacy title. (Unless Roan has a little sister or a cousin who's about 25-30 years younger...which I suppose isn't impossible)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote  

I'm predicting it will be Allana's daughter. I also have no problem with her having a kid late in life. It'll also be interesting having two ongoing Star Wars series next year.

One thing I do wonder is whether Jan and John will be working on any other projects or whether Jan will just be doing Dawn of the Jedi.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote  

Dark Horse Comics has released their solicitations for March 2013, here's what they had on the new Legacy series.

Legacy: Prisoner of the Floating World #1

Release Date: March 20, 2013

Writers: Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman
Artist: Gabriel Hardman
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Cover Artist: Dave Wilkins

Details: FC, 32 pages, $2.99, Ongoing series

Despite her famous heritage, Ania Solo is just a girl trying to make her way in a galaxy gone bad. But it all gets worse when she comes into possession of a lightsaber and an Imperial communications droid—and discovers she has been targeted for death!

• She’s Han and Leia’s great-great granddaughter introduced to the Legacy saga!
• In the aftermath of War, the Solo clan lives on!
• A new ongoing series!
• From the acclaimed creators of Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm actually going to get a bit excited about this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Dark Horse Comics has released their solicitations for March 2013, here's what they had on the new Legacy series.

Legacy: Prisoner of the Floating World #1

Release Date: March 20, 2013

Writers: Corinna Bechko, Gabriel Hardman
Artist: Gabriel Hardman
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Cover Artist: Dave Wilkins

Details: FC, 32 pages, $2.99, Ongoing series

Despite her famous heritage, Ania Solo is just a girl trying to make her way in a galaxy gone bad. But it all gets worse when she comes into possession of a lightsaber and an Imperial communications droid—and discovers she has been targeted for death!

• She’s Han and Leia’s great-great granddaughter introduced to the Legacy saga!
• In the aftermath of War, the Solo clan lives on!
• A new ongoing series!
• From the acclaimed creators of Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes!

So, from this we learn two interesting details:

Either Amelia keeps the Solo last name rather than adopt a Hapan one or at least one of Jag/Jaina's descendents reverts to the Solo name. My bet is that this is Jacen's descendent from Hapes. (also explains why she was no-where to be found in the original Legacy since Hapes never appeared).

If she's Han/Leia's G-G-Gd then she's either Marisha Fel's sister (or cousin), or Amelia's granddaughter. Therefore she'd be roughly the same age as Cade Skywalker, which means this can be either concurrent to, shortly before, or shortly after the original Legacy series. (The additional "great" from this announcement makes much more sense on the genetic timeline)

Last edited by Darth_Henning on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If Jaina/Jag have more than one child and of them took the Solo name, why would Ania be Marasiah's sister? They'd be some kind of cousins.

Since Allana is using the Solo name (end of Apocalypse), it could be an Allana descendent who went off on their own rather than deal with the whole Hapan mess. Or things could have changed in Hapes since Allana's time, and her descendents aren't ruling.

Lots of possibilities. It'll be fun to find out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
If Jaina/Jag have more than one child and of them took the Solo name, why would Ania be Marasiah's sister? They'd be some kind of cousins.

Sorry, sister or cousin that should have said. Basically I meant to say "same generation as" and shorthanded to sister without thinking.

Cerrinea wrote:
Since Allana is using the Solo name (end of Apocalypse), it could be an Allana descendent who went off on their own rather than deal with the whole Hapan mess. Or things could have changed in Hapes since Allana's time, and her descendents aren't ruling.

Lots of possibilities. It'll be fun to find out.

Personally I think this is the more likely/simple option requiring less back-story explanation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth_Henning wrote:
If she's Han/Leia's G-G-Gd then she's either Marisha Fel's sister (or cousin), or Amelia's granddaughter. Therefore she'd be roughly the same age as Cade Skywalker, which means this can be either concurrent to, shortly before, or shortly after the original Legacy series. (The additional "great" from this announcement makes much more sense on the genetic timeline)

This will be shortly after what we've seen so far.

It says so explicitly in the solicitation. It's after the conclusion of Legacy: War (note the capital W in War.)

While this looks cool, I won't be picking it up. Leaning away from Star Wars comics. Lost Tribe was alright, Dark Times tends to be awful, and Invasion was cancelled for no good reason. I don't like the direction Dark Horse took the Star Wars franchise, focussing more on miniseries and cancelling most of the larger series. I'm glad this is a proper ongoing series, but still. The only titles I'm picking up these days are Agent of the Empire, Dawn of the Jedi, and Star Wars ongoing. And I may drop some of those if they're not great.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Solos live!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What if Ania is a descendant of Jaina and Jag's shadow child who was raised by his grandparents?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Have War capitalized doesn't make it after Legacy: War. It could mean Sith-Imperial War.

I'm hoping it's after Legacy: War. I don't want a re-hash of the whole Legacy story told from a different POV.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

This will be shortly after what we've seen so far.

It says so explicitly in the solicitation. It's after the conclusion of Legacy: War (note the capital W in War.)

I wouldn't call that explicit, though I admit the capitalization may be pointing to that.

Taral-DLOS wrote:

While this looks cool, I won't be picking it up. Leaning away from Star Wars comics. Lost Tribe was alright, Dark Times tends to be awful, and Invasion was cancelled for no good reason. I don't like the direction Dark Horse took the Star Wars franchise, focussing more on miniseries and cancelling most of the larger series. I'm glad this is a proper ongoing series, but still. The only titles I'm picking up these days are Agent of the Empire, Dawn of the Jedi, and Star Wars ongoing. And I may drop some of those if they're not great.

Has Invasion been completely cancelled or is it just on hiatus? That was the last I'd heard, though I admit I don't follow the release details of single issues, just Trades and Omnibuses.

I also agree that the miniseries focus is really annoying. However, that's what seems to be sweeping through a lot of the industry right now as the hit thing to do. Seems to cycle through every 10 years or so.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Invasion is on indefinite hiatus. Nothing from Dark Horse on whether it's been cancelled or will be revived.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:
Invasion is on indefinite hiatus. Nothing from Dark Horse on whether it's been cancelled or will be revived.

They picked kind of a bad place to drop the story though...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:

They picked kind of a bad place to drop the story though...

^My thoughts exactly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 4