Twenty-twelve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm surprised at how little this has been talked about for the last few days. I thought it would be all over the place like it was two years ago, but people seem to have lost all interest in it.

The Doctor saved us, I knew he would so I wasn't worried about it. I assume everyone else figured he would save us to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm surprised at how little this has been talked about for the last few days. I thought it would be all over the place like it was two years ago, but people seem to have lost all interest in it.

Probably because the majority of sane individuals have realized that its generally...well, actually so far always...rubbish. Its only sensational the first time or two, now its just "wash, rinse, repeat".

That said, if I was NASA, I'd have released a news story early this morning about the discovery of a dark comet (google that ****!) that had just been detected. Then three hours later issue a correction.

I'm just evil like that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Either way, I'm proud of humanity. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Apocalypse! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
I'd like to wish you all a Merry Apocalypse! Very Happy

And a Merry Apocalypse to you good sir Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Seems a tease doesn't it.... To find out about Star Wars 7, just before the world ends! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote  

Darth_Henning wrote:

That said, if I was NASA, I'd have released a news story early this morning about the discovery of a dark comet (google that ****!) that had just been detected. Then three hours later issue a correction.

I'm just evil like that.

Nah you should release something like that around lunch time when everyone will be awake to hear about it.

At any rate we're not out of the woods yet, remember the Mayan's didn't necessarily use our 24 hour clock where midnight is when the calendar day ends. They could've very well defined the start/end of a day based on the rising of the sun. There's still time for Weevils and demons from alternate dimensions to begin spewing forth from ancient Mayan portals that, through the treasurehunting practices of 19th and early 20th century archaeologists, conviently happen to be located at every major museum/city around the world.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We have 5 minutes left in my time zone before we're safe from the 21st...I fully expect it to all go down shortly. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
We have 5 minutes left in my time zone before we're safe from the 21st...I fully expect it to all go down shortly. Cool

Ah but you forget the Mayan's may not have considered a day to have ended at midnight but rather the dawn of the next day. Thus if this is the end it may be bound to the ancient Mayan way of tracking the passage of time, not our modern one.

At least for my part I won't consider us out of the woods until the sun has risen and we're all still here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

U dead, bro?
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:

I'm just evil like that.

Nah you should release something like that around lunch time when everyone will be awake to hear about it.

At any rate we're not out of the woods yet, remember the Mayan's didn't necessarily use our 24 hour clock where midnight is when the calendar day ends. They could've very well defined the start/end of a day based on the rising of the sun. There's still time for Weevils and demons from alternate dimensions to begin spewing forth from ancient Mayan portals that, through the treasurehunting practices of 19th and early 20th century archaeologists, conviently happen to be located at every major museum/city around the world.

I can't remember if it's been pointed out before, on here, but they didn't actually predict the Apocalypse. All they did was make a calendar that ended yesterday. The Maya who are around today say that this 'end of the world' nonsense is a Western invention.

Anyway, calendar on the xbox ends at AD 2025, so my prediction is that's when the world ends Razz .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
U dead, bro?

Ha!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

In the words of my friend, I was disappointed when I checked out my window yesterday morning and it didn't look like Mordor outside.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good news people. Or bad depending on how you look at things.

I've already herard of two apocalypses in 2013. More fun to have, or make of. Yeah.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The apocalypse the Mayans were talking about was the one written by Troy Denning.Razz

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 4 of 5