Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote  

Poor Reep. Everyone is engaging war on his kind.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

For the first time in 2 years, I don't have a boyfriend to shop for this Christmas. Sigh. Maybe I'll just punk my ex.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
For the first time in 2 years, I don't have a boyfriend to shop for this Christmas. Sigh. Maybe I'll just punk my ex.

I'm actually in the same boat (but of course with no girlfriend) but I'm kind of excited about it. I just bought two books for myself and a bunch of extra stuff for my family and friends for Christmas, its kind of nice. Spoil yourself, you earned it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My car seams to be in the holliday spirit.
Every light on board is either lit or is blinking.
Engine light, hand brake light, ESP light, ABS light, 4WD light, lights I did not knew existed, everything!

Well Fa la la, la la la, la la la to you to! Stupid car.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It sucks being the only person not drunk at the party, and made to feel bad about it. Yeah, the sober alcoholic is the one with the problem, not the mature adult who can't have fun and relax without drinking ten beers and five shots and stumbling around wasted in front of their children.

I hate the holidays, but it's my good thing of the day too. They're finally over.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I agree! I hate it when people look at me with disgust because I won't get wasted at a party. Uh...what's fun about stumbling around doing embarrassing things you won't even remember tomorrow? No thank you. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

You people read my mind. I received many a pitying laugh from my coworkers this morning because I didn't go out and get drunk last night. While they were stumbling around wincing at loud noises because they were hungover.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, you guys -- not you, Dog -- need to lighten up. Everyone needs to get at least one epic drunk under their belt at some point. And the subsequent righteous hangover.

While there was a time, I haven't done the epic drunk in a very long time. I prefer the happy, glowy feel these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote  

Well I'm going on 28 years without any epic drunk, first hand experience, and no plans to alter that. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've had one that I could label epic. The hangover was enough to convince me to stop drinking for nearly 5 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Everyone is entitled to have a good time and I don't begrudge anyone that. It just puzzles me that it seems to be completely unacceptable when I decline a drink. I have several coworkers who repeatedly insist that they're going to get me wasted. Dunno why that seems to be so important to them. *shrug*

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Everyone is entitled to have a good time and I don't begrudge anyone that. It just puzzles me that it seems to be completely unacceptable when I decline a drink. I have several coworkers who repeatedly insist that they're going to get me wasted. Dunno why that seems to be so important to them. *shrug*

With some people its a rite of passage. It always bugs me when people act like its a requirement though, I have sober friends who are perfectly happy and wonderful people. Don't be puzzled, they just wouldn't mind if you had a few moments as embarrassing as their's.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

Oh yeah I know that one too. I can take or leave alcohol, and it's annoying beyond belief that when you don't want to drink, you're treated as abnormal. There are times I want to drink, and times I don't. Also, I can't drink wine because I have an allergy to it. In a lot of situations that's all that's offered. I get tired of explaining and a simple no, thank you really should be enough.

I think there should be live and let live, but I'm seeing too much judgement on both sides of the issue. If you don't want to be judged for not drinking, don't judge the drinkers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Holiday's over. Going back to school tomorrow... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I already don't like it when people try to talk to you from behind the bathroom stall. But when Stall 1 and Stall 3 are having a conversation across your own second stall...that just reaches a whole new level of awkward. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 182 of 200