What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

See, I have that one now, but I haven't played it yet. Isn't it more styled like Age of Empires or something?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's been a while since I've played Age of Empires, but from what little I remember, yes. They're both RTS games, have a story-driven campaign (each level requires you to build a base, or bases, and complete a certain goal). The controls, however, are very much improved. It's sleeker, better designed - though that may just be because I played AoE on my old computer, and the graphics were terrible - and the cutscenes are absolutely beautiful.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just wait until you see the cut scenes in halo wars!! It is like a mini movie. In fact there is one scene I believe after level 8 where some spartins fight off some elites that is the most bad @*% halo scene I have ever seen!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Halo 4 Very Happy . I am beyond happy.

In fact, I've been working on a review for it. Wanna read? Here it is:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nope, I think you pretty much covered it. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just got Lord of the Rings: War in the North for Christmas. Not that far into it yet, but I'm enjoying it, and so far don't get why sOme people bashed it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote  

Mass Effect 3. I'm playing as good Shephard. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote  

I beat Mass Effect 3. It was probably the most depressing video game I've ever played Crying or Very sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I picked up Dishonored this past weekend. So fun!

To start the story, I was at Wal-Mart, and said to myself "If it comes to $50 after tax, I'll buy it" (I had a $50 bill from my wife's grandmother). I'm at Wal-Mart and it was $65!! So I didn't buy it.

But across the street was EB Games, so I went it there. They had a recycled copy for $55, and I have a discount card that makes recycled games 10$ off (which would put it below $50 pre-tax). I decided that was a fair compromise. So I take it to the cash and the guy is all "hey, you might get this cheaper." Turns out they had new copies on sale for $30!

I told them what Wal-Mart was selling it for and they were shocked.

And the game is fun! You play an imperial guard in a fictitious 1890s-ish island empire, who gets framed for murdering the empress and kidnapping her heir. So some rebels rescue you from prison and give you the tools to enact vengeance and free the empress's daughter. Those tools include magic. The main game mechanic is teleporting (jump behind a dude and kill from behind).

So I'm basically Nightcrawler. BAMF!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote  

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption. I never did beat the game, so I'm going to give it another shot. It's nice that the graphics still hold up very well. However the sheer expansive nature of the game has reminded me why I didn't beat it in the first place. So far I've beat 3 missions and have spent the majority of my time lost in the wilderness hunting animals, shooting birds, and picking flowers. It's like Skyrim all over again but now I'm a cowboy Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It is really easy to loose track of time while playing Red Dead, but you have to finish that game! It has one of the greatest endings ever written. A true classic ending that leaves you feeling like you actually did something with your time, not just mashed some buttons for 20 hours.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote  

You're right 1337Jedi, that was one of the best game endings ever. Now to finish up and get all the outfits I missed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - again.

Incidentally, if anyone else has the PC version of Caspian and has managed to unlock all of the bonus content (though I find that slim), I'd appreciate some help with that, as I've never been able to unlock everything despite playing the game multiple times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finally got my copy of Assassin's Creed 3. Will play it later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Had a very rocky start to ACIII. First it was one problem of my own making, as when I came to Boston I couldn't find any viewpoint markers, used to clear up the map. Nor could I find a synchronisation button whenever I was at a likely spot. So, when I had some down time between missions, I meticulously ran up and down every single street, every courtyard, every hill, every clearing in Boston, so that I could have a clear map. Once that was done, I started my next mission ... which introduced viewpoints and synchronisation *facepalm*. Then I started to get some movement glitches. No matter what, I simply couldn't move forward. The game didn't like my moving my thumbstick up. Then it got worse, so that I could barely move at all - at least, not in the direction I wanted. I switched controllers, from wireless to wired, and that seemed to clear it up. Then came a few missions which required several actions which I had no idea how to perform (such as running assassination) and there were no clear instructions included in the menu. *Sigh* I think it's smooth sailing from now on. But the beginning was quite disappointing, because amid struggling with the controller and having no idea how to complete objectives, it seemed like it would be a great game. Now that it's pretty much working, it does indeed seem like a great game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 30 of 38