What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 144, 145, 146  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Proudfoot wrote:
I am reading Allegiance.

After reading Choices of One, I know... Stupid, right?

Enjoying it so far, I love the stormtrooper characters, and anything with Mara is alright with me.

I read these the same way! It still read well in reverse I just kept telling myself "prequel!!"

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
And I want to finish the collected edition before I start Lost Tribe of the Sith: Spiral, which I understand takes place after.

Man, Spiral was very anticlimactic after the Collected Stories, IMO. That was one of the best novels I've read in a long time, but the comic was on a much smaller scale than the book. Just my advice, but I'd let it breathe a few weeks before I dove into the comic. I wish I had.

And yes, Spiral #2 just came out last Wednesday.

Yes. I think it's a nice continuation, but not as big as the books. And really, it's only one year later. You can't have world-altering events all the time.

I'm just sad that they're not continuing the comics after Spiral is done (I think 5 issues?)

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm still working my way through Mercy Kill. Enjoying it, although it's lighter on the humor than I expected from Allston.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm about half way though Rebel Dawn, book 3 of the Han Solo trilogy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What do you think so far? I love those books.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Proudfoot wrote:

I gather you're talking about the Han Solo triology? I love them! I can't put them down. I'm going to be a bit bummed when I'm done with Rebel Dawn. I know what I'm going to read next, a non Star Wars book, but when I get back to reading Star Wars it'll be tough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

AdmiralSteven wrote:
Proudfoot wrote:

I gather you're talking about the Han Solo triology? I love them! I can't put them down. I'm going to be a bit bummed when I'm done with Rebel Dawn. I know what I'm going to read next, a non Star Wars book, but when I get back to reading Star Wars it'll be tough.

Yes, apologies I should have been specific. I read the Han Solo Adventures straight after the trilogy. There is quite a change of style but they are great stories as well and intertwine nicely with the trilogy. I'd suggest those if you haven't already read them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Proudfoot wrote:
AdmiralSteven wrote:
Proudfoot wrote:

Yes, apologies I should have been specific. I read the Han Solo Adventures straight after the trilogy. There is quite a change of style but they are great stories as well and intertwine nicely with the trilogy. I'd suggest those if you haven't already read them.

Thanks for the recommendation. If I can find them I'll certainly get them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

*Blows the dust off this thread*

Finished Dracula, and will start Annihilation later. As I showed the book to my sister, she asked me 'what does annie hellation mean?' Confused
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished Ringworld. It's a decent enough book. Good characters, though I felt the ending was a little sparse.

Now on to Scoundrels.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote  

I'm reading The Last Jedi. It's sad, but it's also good. I can see why they left out the Coruscant Nights title.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I just finished reading The Courtship of Priness Leia and am reading Slave Ship of the bounty hunter series. I just recently got into the star wars lore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
Welcome!
Thanks I enjoy it a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'm reading The Last Jedi. It's sad, but it's also good. I can see why they left out the Coruscant Nights title.

I didn't know the ARCs had already been sent out. I'm particularly interested in reading that because I haven't read the other books. I wonder if it can exist as a standalone.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 127 of 146