Indiana Jones Trailer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indiana Jones Trailer
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Star Wars.com has just released the new Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer.

View it here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I saw it yesterday, and I have to say it look awesome. I've actually been to Roswell, NM., and it's very interesting there. I like the inclusion of it.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote  

Will definitely see this! Gonna be awesome! Very Happy

The first time I watched it, I didn't even catch the Roswell thing. Though the one lady's hair looks a little too fake. Almost too cliche. Oh well.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I can't wait! *screams ecstatically*

I just hope, hope, hope that Mutt isn't his son. I dunno, that would just...ruin it for me. Maybe not totally, but I don't think I could enjoy it as much.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote  

Wow looks AWESOME!

Definitely want to see that movie! I wonder if they'll bring back the character Short Round from Temple of Doom and explain what happened to him, maybe make him Indy's adopted son or something?

Edit: check out the Indiana Jones website, they have a count down to the movie being released and a whole lot of other neat stuff about the movie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I can't wait! *screams ecstatically*

I just hope, hope, hope that Mutt isn't his son. I dunno, that would just...ruin it for me. Maybe not totally, but I don't think I could enjoy it as much.

I read that Steven said he wasn't, and that this movie isn't a "father-son relationship" but is instead a "great quest."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The trailer looked great!! I laughed and smiled through it with the humor from Ford. I'll be really looking forward to this one!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

Can't wait
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Indy, Iron Man, Batman, Star Wars and Fan Boys. It's going to busy summer for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This movie was so awesome. Ford never faltered!

"Who?" Jacen asked.

"Palpatine!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, call me slow, but I was never able to see this in the theater. Don't ask.

But I ran as fast as I could to Wal-Mart yesterday to pick it up. And I loved it! Despite the many negative reviews, I thought it was great. And Mutt being Indy's son didn't end up ruining it for me like I thought. Maybe because I ended up really liking his character? I don't know, but I just thought it was excellent! Not as good as the first three, of course, but great. Although...it may be on par with ToD.

So, I do believe it was a great come back. And even though I was expecting the 'alien' plot to completely bomb it, it didn't! I mean, think about it. Indy is always going after supernatural items and such, why should 'inter-dimensional beings' be any worse than 'sacred stones'? I enjoyed the twist, to be honest.

So yes, overall: great! Smile

Edit: Oh, and the end scene with the hat! Loved it! I was expecting Mutt to put the hat on, and despite the fact that it would have been cliché, it would have been a good ending. But the way Indy snatched it back, to me it was like saying, "Not yet." And I just thought it was a really great ending. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote  

I enjoyed it too. Great edition to the trilogy. My only gripe was when Mutt started swinging on the vines. That was silly. I loved the A-bomb part. That looked awesome! Still would like to have that as my wallpaper.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, the vine swinging did kind of annoy me. My first thought was, "Only Tarzan can do that!" Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I may get yelled at since this is a starwars forum, but did anyone else think it was kinda wrong that there were aliens in an indy movie? I thought it felt like one of the old school ones, but the plot kinda botched it in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It bothered me when I first heard the plot, but after actually seeing it...nope, didn't bother me. I thought they did it well, it wasn't too over the top, and they tied it in well. For example: The Mayans bound their children's heads so they would become elongated, and this was supposedly because they were shaping them after their gods. Well this is true, in history, that's exactly what they did. What KotCS came back and said was, "Ah, but their gods were actually these 'inter-dimensional' creatures; see, they have elongated heads." And I don't know, but I enjoyed them treating it as such. The 'inch of truth' sold it for me. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I may get yelled at since this is a starwars forum, but did anyone else think it was kinda wrong that there were aliens in an indy movie?

I didnt like that part at all. The rest of the movie was good though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2