Star Wars Trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote  

Kell Tainer was named after one of Aaron Allston's cats.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Since you had a whole Barbra Hambly convention back there I thought I might just deliver my own input:

I never really liked Children of the Jedi and therefore got quickly bored while reading it but since it was Star Wars I thought I might just give it a chance and see how things turn out. My attention during the reading of this book was diverted so much that at the end I understood nothing what was going on! Really didn't like the fact that Luke couldn't use the Force efficiently. Now I spent so much money on getting Planet of Twilight! Glad to hear that it's the better one of the two!

And now my contribution to the trivia:
Yoda's appearance and manner of speaking was inspired by the Dahli Lama!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote  

We all know the Ewoks live on the moon of Endor, but do you know the name of their sun?

Ibleam.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah that was interesting. Can't believe I didn't retain that or Darlo from the Atlas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Regarding Alec Guinness, I had heard the opposite about him being unhappy at his death. That in fact, the death was his idea.

[quote="Alec Guinness biography on IMDB]Reportedly hated working on Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) so much, Guinness claims that Obi-Wan's death was his idea as a means to limit his involvement in the film. Guinness also claims to throw away all Star Wars related fan mail without even opening it.

6 Classics Despised by the People who Created Them, by Cracked wrote:
. That's right, one of the most tragic and mentally scarring scenes from your childhood came about because Alec Guinness thought George Lucas was a talentless hack.

I stopped it there because I heard an interview with Guinness himself on a CD that came with "The Star Wars Vault" where he said that the more he read of the script for SW, the more he got into the idea, and that he ultimately enjoyed the experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 5 of 5