Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Source? if Marvel was such a problem, why were Thor, Captain America, and Avengers all so excellent?

EDIT: I liked Iron Man 2 as well. It's just my least favourite of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

Thor was terrible, Captain America was alright, and I'll give you Avengers.

And here's an interview with Rourke, telling how Marvel took away creative freedoms in the making of Iron Man 2: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49489

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi Joe wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Source? if Marvel was such a problem, why were Thor, Captain America, and Avengers all so excellent?

EDIT: I liked Iron Man 2 as well. It's just my least favourite of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

Thor was terrible, Captain America was alright, and I'll give you Avengers.

And here's an interview with Rourke, telling how Marvel took away creative freedoms in the making of Iron Man 2: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49489

Cool, thanks.

I disagree about Thor, I thought it was great and look forward to Thor: The Dark World. Captain America was alright (first half excellent, but once he became a superhero it felt too rushed).

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Looks like we have a director...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/01/24/j-j-abrams-set-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii/

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Looks like we have a director...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/01/24/j-j-abrams-set-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii/

Great, Star Wars is going back to film and we'll have a million lens flares... Please tell me this isn't happening. Confused

EDIT: After letting it settle a bit, I think SW is in fairly good hands. I'm sure Disney and Lucas won't let him shoot in film, so that's a relief. I'm still disappointed, but if he can pull it off, he'll be a sci-fi legend for rejuvinating the two major "Star" franchises.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm...still nervous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hmmm... I have more faith in this director choice than I do the writer they chose... Ya, I'm gonna choose to be optimistic.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I mean, I've grown to really love J.J.'s Star Trek (I initially was not so fond of it, but it grew on me) and I can't wait for Into Darkness, but I don't know if I want him handling Star Wars. We'll see how it goes. I'll remain cautiously optimistic. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I actually quite like JJ Abrams. Yes, he is a bit too fond of lens flares, but he does make good movies. On balance, I can put up with flares.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I actually quite like JJ Abrams. Yes, he is a bit too fond of lens flares, but he does make good movies. On balance, I can put up with flares.

I'm just worried that he'll throw away the digital cinematography that Lucas was a proponent of. I can live with lens flare, but I don't want to see Star Wars done on film. Compare his Star Trek (film) to RotS or Prometheus (digital) and it doesn't compare when it comes to visual quality and crispness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Still not confirmed... don't count him in just yet - http://www.fandomapocalypse.com/dont-count-abrams-in-just-yet/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Still not confirmed... don't count him in just yet - http://www.fandomapocalypse.com/dont-count-abrams-in-just-yet/

Yeah, what he said.

I'll be ok with it if it is true. but....

FIRST: I love the new Trek (so far)

I say this- cause I am and have been a Trekkie for longer than a Warsman. (Or should that be Warrior?) Anyway. Trek has always played with Timetravel and Beaming. Things SW steered clear of (with an exeption to a degree to flowwalking and other forms of time travel)

That said New Trek has kept to the themes of Old Trek(s) and thus isn't a "Reboot" per say, but is an Alternate TIMELINE. The thing that worries me is even JJ HIMSELF calls it a REBOOT in the commentary.

If it is a REBOOT- and they do not plan on following Trek rules and FIXING the timeline by New Trek's Movie Run (as in a movie where they take the Enterprise back in time to stop Nero from creating the new timeline.) Then I will be ticked off (not too bad, but enough due to frustration)

See when they kept Old Spock, and let him Mind Meld with New Kirk- they left a "Fix" open. As long as NEW KIRK KNOWS what SHOULD have happened. They can fix the timeline. Plus- New Spock Mind Melds with a Future Romulan so HE will know what those Romulans were up to- again open for the fix- Spock has the info from the bad guys so they could go back in time and ambush THEM.

Granted this is all small potatoes. But it spells out my worry.

Lucasfilm, and Disney have not mentioned how they plan on dealing with the film, or how it will effect the EU and the timeline. And since we still don't know if Trek is going to work (by that I mean it works if they stick with Time travel rules of Trek- if they don't fix it then it is just a reboot and failed to be as TREK as it could have been) I don't want something similar. I'd hate to have a SW film that wasn't SW as it could be, but a new SW that is being touted as SW as it SHOULD be.

But again I'm both excited and a lil nervous.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

If it is a REBOOT- and they do not plan on following Trek rules and FIXING the timeline by New Trek's Movie Run (as in a movie where they take the Enterprise back in time to stop Nero from creating the new timeline.) Then I will be ticked off (not too bad, but enough due to frustration)

See when they kept Old Spock, and let him Mind Meld with New Kirk- they left a "Fix" open. As long as NEW KIRK KNOWS what SHOULD have happened. They can fix the timeline. Plus- New Spock Mind Melds with a Future Romulan so HE will know what those Romulans were up to- again open for the fix- Spock has the info from the bad guys so they could go back in time and ambush THEM.

Except there is nothing to fix - the previous timeline (from Archer to Janeway) still exists, they've just created a divergent timeline (like the Mirror Universe, only with less goatees Wink)

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Hmmmm, I'm unsure of how to feel. One one hand, I really loved the new Trek (and I hate all other incarnations of the franchise. One the other hand....I had dreamed of Spielberg or Whedon.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

GrandMaster wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Except there is nothing to fix - the previous timeline (from Archer to Janeway) still exists, they've just created a divergent timeline (like the Mirror Universe, only with less goatees Wink)

Poor Spock then....

Now that it IS official.... I'm just as nervous as before I knew. All naming the Director does is gives me a small idea of what style to expect- but that's it- nothing else has changed for me.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess I'm happy it's not Whedon or Synder.

Still, they could have it directed by Uwe Boll and people would still see it. You think not? Just remember that episode one didn't stop you from seeing episodes two and three.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 9 of 33