The Last Jedi by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote  

Just an FYI: Random House has a preview of The Last Jedi on their site that reveals MAJOR SPOILERS. Don't read the preview if you don't want the surprises ruined for you.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Just an FYI: Random House has a preview of The Last Jedi on their site that reveals MAJOR SPOILERS. Don't read the preview if you don't want the surprises ruined for you.

as I'm lazy today, link please?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Major spoilers for what? It's talking about stuff that happened in Book 3.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If you start going through it, it skips ahead to later chapters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
If you start going through it, it skips ahead to later chapters.

This excerpt? It's only some of Chapter 1.

http://www.randomhouse.com/book/7862/the-last-jedi-star-wars-by-michael-reaves-and-maya-kaathryn-bohnhoff#excerpt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

When I open it it's 44 pages of the first page of every Part and chapter. You'll notice that page 15's last sentence doesn't end, but 16 begins a brand new sentence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote  

There are two excerpts there. One is the chapter one excerpt printed lower on the page, the other is the book previewer app that launches when you click on the cover. The app previewer is the one that reveals major spoilers.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
There are two excerpts there. One is the chapter one excerpt printed lower on the page, the other is the book previewer app that launches when you click on the cover. The app previewer is the one that reveals major spoilers.

Thaaaaaaaat's what I was doing wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What did Maya Kaathyrn Bohnhoff say about droid rights? http://www.eucantina.net/archives/15743

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote  

I'd like to see I-Five start a droid revolution. Some droid-centric books would be cool to read. Of all the elements in Star Wars, that's one that hasn't really been tapped into as far as books go. Every now and then a book explores droids via side plots, but never as the main plot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'd like to see I-Five start a droid revolution. Some droid-centric books would be cool to read. Of all the elements in Star Wars, that's one that hasn't really been tapped into as far as books go. Every now and then a book explores droids via side plots, but never as the main plot.

The last attempted droid evolution was IG-88 in a Tales Of book. I, honestly, don't see it ever happening, though. No one wants to talk about the awkward relationship between owners and their human-like droids, because it, in a moralistic way, turns our heroes into villains. Regardless, I like the idea of more droid-centric novels. I'd love to see the world from Artoo's view.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I finally got around to reading this book and finished it yesterday. Overall, I found it quite average and not all that exciting, which was pretty much my opinion of the Coruscant Nights trilogy.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I would recommend (re)reading the Coruscant Nights trilogy before reading The Last Jedi - there are a lot of references to those books, and characters just show up without introduction. This may be marketed as a standalone, but it is definitely a sequel to Coruscant Nights.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Started this again recently and once I passed chapters 3 and 4 I was hooked. I'm not the biggest fan of the CN trilogy but this seems different to me. Really liking it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well finished this. The early parts were definitely more surprising than the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2