Empire and Rebellion Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I made a mock teaser poster for this series:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Also, I was a bit confused about the concept of this series initially, so I spoke with the authors, Shelly Shapiro, and did some of my own research to gather everything we know about the books into one place: http://www.fandomapocalypse.com/rebels-under-the-rader-spotlighting-the-new-series/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Wow! Good work! It looks Clean and aggressively rebellious at the same time. I am looking forward to this series

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote  

I interviewed Martha Wells, the author for the Leia book in the Rebels series. She spoke a little bit about it.

Quote:
You’ve been signed on to write a Star Wars novel about Leia in the upcoming Rebels series. As a hero in her own right, how do you see her in comparison to Luke?

MW: Her time in the senate, her training, the other things she’s done for the Alliance before A New Hope, have made her a lot more experienced than he is. He learns fast, but I also think her experiences, particularly Alderaan, have made her much more mature.

How were you approached to do the novel?

MW: My agent was approached, and asked to suggest some of her clients who might be interested, and I was one of the people she suggested.

You’ve mentioned that the book will have a lot of Leia’s point-of-view. Was is a challenge to get into her mindset?

MW: Not really. I think the key to her character is her sense of responsibility, for the Alliance, for everyone fighting for it, for the remnants of Alderaan. I see her as a lead-from-the-front, the-buck-stops-here kind of person.

You can check out the full interview here. I talked to her about her Raksura novels, Star Wars fan fiction, and a little Stargate.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote  

New blurb for Martha Well's untitled Leia novel:

Quote:
Princess Leia Organa is on a mission for the Rebel Alliance when Imperial forces attack. Now she, Han, and Luke are on their own, working with pirates and dealing with traitors as they race the clock to protect the secrecy of a crucial meeting of Rebel conspirators!

via edelweiss

They also have some real tentative info on release dates for the Han and Luke books. James S.A. Corey's Han book is set for March 2014 and Kevin Hearne's Luke book is set for January 2015. But those dates will probably change as we get closer to them.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Kevin Hearne and James Corey write very good and sometimes funny books (Iron Druid, yes), and Hearn and Wells are SW-fans, and Corey did a really well job with Expanse series, so I think they'll make a realy good books, but still there is a problem with continiuty, and one-half of James Corey knows very little of Star Wars, it seams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2