Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote  

Jeffry Brown, author of Darth Vader and Son, will have a new book out in September.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Quote:
This incredible, original story captures all of the humor, awkwardness, fun, and frustrations of middle school--all told through one boy's comics, journal entries, letters, doodles, and newspaper clippings. The setting? A galaxy far, far away...

Roan's one dream is to leave home and attend Pilot Academy like his older brother, father, and grandfather. But just as Roan is mysteriously denied entrance to Pilot School, he is invited to attend Jedi Academy--a school that he didn't apply to and only recruits children when they are just a few years old. That is, until now...

This inventive novel follows Roan's first year at Jedi Academy where, under the tutelage of Master Yoda, he learns that he possesses more strength and potential than he could have ever dreamed. Oh, and he learns other important things too--like how to make a baking soda volcano, fence with a lightsaber, slow dance with a girl, and lift boulders with the Force.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Damn it! I saw the title and thought they were going to do a novel that related to Katarn or Korr from one of the games.

Don't get my hopes up like that!!

(This is OK too)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quote  

I thought the same thing too when I saw it. All well...this way Jeffrey Brown will have a trilogy, though.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quote  

Just an FYI, I'm giving away a signed copy of Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown on Roqoo Depot. Just leave a comment saying who your favorite Jedi is (we'll be picking a winner this evening, so there's still time to enter).

I met Jeffrey when he visited Star Clipper in St. Louis. Was pretty cool. There were a couple 501st/Rebel Legion members there. Plus Jeffrey didn't just sign the book, but drew a doodle in it (he drew an Ewok in my copy). The one I'm giving away has a drawing of Roan who is the main character in Jedi Academy.

Link for contest: http://roqoodepot.com/2013/10/04/book-giveaway-signed-copy-of-jedi-academy-by-jeffrey-brown/

While I said the contest is for US residents only, I'd be willing to ship international to EUC members if they were willing to Paypal me the shipping cost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1