Zombie Apocalypse: Character Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote  

Looks good to me Jaina! Unless someone has an objection I'll add you to the list of major characters later tonight (found on page 1 of this thread).

In the meantime I'd say figure out how you want to introduce your character (if I recall right we were split into two groups, 1 group holding our base camp at the Cantina and another group following Reep on some "damn fool idealistic crusade" to rescue some survivors. You could also introduce your character as at least one other person did where they're on their own but hear the sounds of combat and go to investigate.

At any rate given how long it's been I'd say there'd be no problem if you want to introduce your character in a way that concludes most/all of the combat a group is facing so we can move the story forward.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote  

Ok Jaina the OP has been updated with your character. So fire a post off and we'll see if the RPG is infected and rises from the grave. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay I have an idea to introduce myself but I think this needs the approval of the characters first. You know those survivors Reep went to save? Why don't we say that's my family, but the zombies were to many and we had to retreat? We can maybe continue from there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Name: Zak

Gear: Bow
9mm handgun
3 Knife belt (with knives)
Lighter
Rope (thin)

appearance: rough/beat up/bloody, early 20s.

Back story: My character has had a rough time since the outbreak. barely surviving the escape from his university dorm he appears tougher now that he has had to kill a close friend. Zak has no pain in killing a zombie but is very respectful when it comes to the kill. burning his dead as not to pollute the soil. He is very careful when it comes to situations and doesn't take well to ignorance. No criminal past, just a blue collar family kid from an almost perfect background (while he looks rough Zak is not mentally phased by the outbreak and takes well under stress.He will sometimes be leader if he has to but is too humble to lead for a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote  

@Jaina: speaking solely as a member of the RPG (and not in any Mod capacity) I'd say finishing the combat in victory, rather than being forced to retreat would be preferable. At least my feeling is that part of why the RPG ran into trouble was because the group guarding the Cantina didn't have much to do so the more we keep everyone seperated the harder it will be for some people to stay active. Again though this is me speaking only as a member of the RPG not as a Mod.

That all being said I like your idea of making the survivors Reep's group is trying to rescue your family.

@Zak: looks good to me overall. Do you have an age you want to specify or leave that detail unknown? (I'm assuming I should put your appearance down as Male Human but I just want to be sure, given that we do have a 2 foot tall mouse in our crew).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Salaris Vorn: Victory it is!Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote  

Shiny! (bonus points if you know where that's from)

I'd say give it another day or two but if you haven't heard any feedback here go ahead and make a post. I've sent PM's out to the former players so they know there is interest in the RPG again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Both characters look good to me. The only thing that might be objectionable is that both characters' equipment is essentially the same. That is, however, only a small thing and might not be objectionable in the long run.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I'd say give it another day or two but if you haven't heard any feedback here go ahead and make a post. I've sent PM's out to the former players so they know there is interest in the RPG again.

Firefly! Do I get a cookie? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote  

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Firefly! Do I get a cookie? Wink

I'm pretty sure you don't want me to try baking haha. However you are now authorized to wear a browncoat in the RPG. Wink

@Jaina: whenever you've got a post ready I believe it would be OK start us off.

@Jaina and Zak: while I agree with Life's observation on the similarities in your characters weapons I don't think that should derail either of you from taking part in the RPG. I'd say if you want to be more distinct from one another start thinking about alternate weapon set ups but in the meantime use your current set ups in the RPG (we could always go with some sort of story like you both were part of the same archery club or marshal arts organization to explain the similarity of equipment)

If you decide to change your equipment you can always have a weapon get broken or lost during our adventures to explain why you started using new equipment (and that goes for all of us, if you get tired of your old gear just write a post where something happens to your old stuff that forces you to get new equipment).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

okay cool! Jaina, is there anyway we should be connected or not?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Zak Arranda wrote:
okay cool! Jaina, is there anyway we should be connected or not?

Same archery club sounds awesome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote  

Ok Zak I added your profile to the official list of major characters. Assuming you both agree that you want to be from the same archery club I'll update both characters to note that fact.

In the meantime you guys are set to post in the RPG so the zombie apocalplyse can begin (again Wink ) whenever you guys are ready to make a post!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
In the meantime you guys are set to post in the RPG so the zombie apocalypse can begin (again Wink ) whenever you guys are ready to make a post!

Return of The Zombies! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

@Jaina Archery club it is!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 7 of 8