Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Luke92 wrote:
Me and one of my colleagues took our Raspberry Pi's into work today with Quake 3 loaded on them. Multiplayer runs very well on our network Cool

That sounds so awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

A guy I'm attracted to asked for my number. He's handsome enough to get any girl he wants, so I'm trying not to read too much into it...

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ you have to reel the big fish in slow, you'll get him though!!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Happy Pi Day everyone! The day where we celebrate Pi! (3-14)

There are three ways to celebrate:
1- Appreciate or think about math or science;
2- Do something irrational;
3- Eat pie.

My alma mater is hosting an event with Bill Nye The Science Guy today, but alas I forgot to buy tickets. Oh well.

Back when I was in school, I tried something irrational on a Pi Day. Those who remember Little Britain will laugh when I say that I went to the campus book store and asked in a serious monotone whether they had any books on Medieval English Music Between The Years 1356 and 1390. The guy didn't get it; just asked what class it was for, and I couldn't respond. Good times.

So yes, Happy Pi Day. May it be science and math-filled or irrational.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Taral: I wrote a maths exam today and memorized the value of Pi to the 34 lol Laughing Razz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am going back to work tomorrow after five weeks of post-operation recovery. Excited to see my colleagues and get out of the house!

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

1337Jedi wrote:

Nope. He never called. *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
1337Jedi wrote:

Nope. He never called. *sigh*

Hasn't called yet. As a guy I'll make a statement: We're all slow and some of us very dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's also the possibility that you could call or e-mail him.

Because yes, many males of the species have a hard time with follow-through, especially where pretty girls are concerned (but also in general; follow-through is not the easiest thing).
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So earlier this week I reported that I lost my wedding ring on Saturday, and that I was really upset about it.

Someone found it. And is giving it back today!!!

Here's how it happened: I e-mailed the owner of the sugarbush (the farm where they make maple syrup, where I was on a date with the missus and thought I lost it), describing the ring. I got an email back, saying someone contacted them saying they found it.

Unfortunately, the message said, the person who found it wasn't local. She found it on the ground, but it was so busy she couldn't find a good person to give it to. So she took it home, and called the sugarbush later.

The owner tells me "unfortunately, she's not near us. She lives in XX."

And I'm all "OMG! My in-laws live there!"

So I got a hold of the person who has the ring, we confirmed its mine, and my father-in-law is going to get it for me today. He'll give it to me when I see him over the Easter holidays.

I was convinced that it was gone forever, but now it looks like I'll have it by the end of the month. I'm so happy. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Wow what a find! See good people do still exsist out there!

And these guys nailed it DLE, men are the worst at actually following threw with things like that. I would suggest a simple little fix. Now you have the edge, bring it up to him in a haphazard/joking way such as " I did the hard part of remembering a phone number, and you can't do the easy part of callin it?!" Or something along those lines, but keep reeling!!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
^ Wow what a find! See good people do still exsist out there!

Indeed! And I spoke to my wife's sister an hour ago, and she confirmed that the ring is back in my family's possession.

A thank-you card is in order, methinks.

It is good to see that decent human beings exist on this planet.

Apparently it was the second time she ever found someone's wedding band, and in both cases the ring was engraved (mine has my wedding date engraved on the inside), and so it was easier to return it to its rightful owner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Taral-DLOS wrote:

The ball is in his court now since I've taken most of the initiative. I want to be chased, dammit!

Quote:
Because yes, many males of the species have a hard time with follow-through, especially where pretty girls are concerned (but also in general; follow-through is not the easiest thing).

I'm not so sure. When we were accidentally hanging out at a toy museum, he called a girl, telling he had gotten her number from his friend, that he had seen she was going to be at the event via Facebook and wanted to know when she was arriving - right in front of me.

1337Jedi wrote:
And these guys nailed it DLE, men are the worst at actually following threw with things like that. I would suggest a simple little fix. Now you have the edge, bring it up to him in a haphazard/joking way such as " I did the hard part of remembering a phone number, and you can't do the easy part of callin it?!" Or something along those lines, but keep reeling!!

Okay. Okay. I'll try to be more patient. Smile

I'm glad you got your ring back, Taral!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hehe, despite what I said on the Star Wars Angry Birds thread, I bought myself a Luke Bird plush toy today. I saw them in the window of a toy shop and couldn't resist! Razz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote  

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

The ball is in his court now since I've taken most of the initiative. I want to be chased, dammit!

Just speaking as a guy I'd caution the attitude of wanting to be chased. If you play it too cool/hard to get he may not pursue. You did say he can get any girl he wants so if you come across as "I can take you or leave you, makes no difference to me" he'll likely turn his interests to one of the women actively chasing him. As guy logic goes we don't chase after a girl who isn't giving signals that she'll let the guy CATCH her when there are other girls who are either 1) chasing us or 2) sending very clear signals that if we pursue they won't turn us down when we muster the courage to ask for a date

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be chased but you have to be careful in balancing between wanting to be chased and playing too hard to get. Some women may enjoy being chased but have no desire to be caught so you have to make sure you don't come across as one of those women.

Guys aren't always the most clever bunch so while you might've thought giving him your number was as big a signal you could give short of throwing a brick at his head with a note tied to it he might've thought it wasn't any more significant than responding to a friend request on facebook. Depending on the context in which you gave him your number/how you acted when you gave your number it could've come across more like a facebook friend request thing than a "call me and ask me out."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 155 of 168