The Clone Wars cancelled?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Clone Wars cancelled?
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

As the title says really, various reports going round the internet last night, one of them here: http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=10825&buffer_share=fa0f9&utm_source=buffer

Still going to leave a lot of questions unanswered if true, what happens to Rex, Maul etc?
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Let's wait until we pass judgment.

After all, let's look at the first half-sentence:

"Although not yet officially confirmed, we’re hearing from several sources tonight (...)"

No confirmation, and no citing sources. Just "several" of them.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

We must wait..... This would be the worst thing to come out of the Disney purchase, no question. This is to big of a story, we must wait...... And hope for the best.

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After hearing the rumors flying when I got up this morning, and with these two links:

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=101412

seeming to confirm that it is virtually over, I decided to come out of cryo sleep just this once to comment.

While I have not watched much of TCW and have not had any particular fondness for it because of the continuity streamrolling, I have not begrudged TCW fans their interest in the show. It has been a successful show and fleshed out the CW era a little more. It will be interesting to see how Leland Chee works out the new timeline. Perhaps, in the future, if a workable Clone Wars timeline is created that manages to incorporate both old and new material with minimal fuss and without outright chucking a bunch of the old stuff, then I might become a TCW fan. Who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

A very interesting clip shown there as well. Next season looks like it's going to be huge as the comedown for the series if that's anything to go by.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I hate to be the set of dentures in the punch bowl, but I'm actually really glad TCW is finally coming to an end. Most of the episodes weren't very good and the series just dragged along with horrible dialogue and laughable plotlines. I'm not that much of a continuity stickler anymore, but giving Anakin an apprentice and turning the Mandalorians into a bunch of pacifists really didn't make any sense to me. When I think of the adventures Obi-Wan and Anakin had during the Clone Wars, I don't think of the kiddified storylines that this series brought. The animation was superb, the voice actors were great, but Dave and George milked the Clone Wars era far too much and too long.

So yeah, I won't miss it. I'm looking forward to the fresh new era that the Sequel Trilogy and the possible new series has to bring, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So from my understanding, The Clone Wars is not canceled, they are just releasing their remaining stories somewhere other than on television - or am I reading this wrong?

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

They are not being very clear what it means. Best guess is you are right. They are done with CN, done creating new eps, merely finishing up whatever they had in the pipeline, and searching for some way to distribute them.

The new series is the real kicker, though. It is a good guess it will be a lead-in to Ep. 7, meaning post-RotJ EU getting the TCW treatment. Seems I bowed out of the EU just in time...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

When I first heard about this, I wasn't too fussed, it was a good ending to the show, and can tie in almost perfectly to Ep III. But as I think on it, it'll definitely be missed. Sure, they had their fair share of dud episodes, and many were simply good episodes that just didn't really do much 'expanding', as it were, but when they got a good idea, we got a great episode. I will miss those. The show was finally getting its act together. I will certainly be looking forward to this new content.

Quote:
giving Anakin an apprentice and turning the Mandalorians into a bunch of pacifists really didn't make any sense to me

Those two story-lines paid off big time, so not the best examples to bring up. Looking back, a lot of the other continuity mess ups seem more than a little overblown.

As for Detours, it looked okay, but I wasn't really looking forward to it.

As for this new show, I've seen what the animation department can do, now. They've had ample practice to refine their art, I'm comfortably looking forward to what's coming. As for its placement, it seems certain to be post-ROTJ. Who knows, though, we might get that Dark Times TV show that has been discussed for several years.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Well, the news is confirmed. I don't regret waiting for confirmation though.

I really enjoyed the show, especially the past 2 seasons. I'll miss it, but I suppose I'm happy they're ending on a high note.

I'm not fussed about losing Detours. It would've been funny, but I doubt it would've been sustainable. A few TV Specials maybe, but an ongoing series? How many episodes before it got dull? The Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars specials were hilarious, but they were also brief.

Now, the next step is to convince cartoon producers to stop cancelling the shows I like. In the past 3-4 years, we lost Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Green Lantern, and The Clone Wars (also: Young Justice, but I never really got into that one). What the heck?

Thankfully, the two live-action shows I like the most (Arrow, The Vampire Diaries) are still alive, well, and renewed.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
Who knows, though, we might get that Dark Times TV show that has been discussed for several years.

Quote:
We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming

Not that I expect anyone to still remember Ewoks and Droids as such, but it isn't exactly an overabundance of televised SW material to take from in the first place, so if the new series is Dark Times, they really screwed up the announcement.

Would also be a big waste of any work already put into the Live Action Series. As well as a big step down from its main selling premise of being live action. And nitty gritty, come to think of it.

EDIT: Ooo, Knight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote  

The announcement has me down in the dumps. It's hard to be positive when everything is being canceled, postponed, or winding down into bonus content. A vague statement about a new television show isn't enough to make up the difference.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
The announcement has me down in the dumps. It's hard to be positive when everything is being canceled, postponed, or winding down into bonus content. A vague statement about a new television show isn't enough to make up the difference.

This can't be a shock though, when Disney took over you had to pretty much know they'd wipe the slate clean and do their own thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:

X2 here, I am Feeling completely robbed right now, like a snooty business man kicked in my front door, canceled my favorite TV show, snatched up my hope for the game I've been waiting for, and doused my book collection with gas, threatening to light the proverbial match.

And yes Caedus we knew this would happen exactly like this lol!! Knowing the perp and knowing he was coming, still leaves me crushed..... And now I gotta buy a new front door......lol!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Well, the news is confirmed. I don't regret waiting for confirmation though.

I really enjoyed the show, especially the past 2 seasons. I'll miss it, but I suppose I'm happy they're ending on a high note.

I'm not fussed about losing Detours. It would've been funny, but I doubt it would've been sustainable. A few TV Specials maybe, but an ongoing series? How many episodes before it got dull? The Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars specials were hilarious, but they were also brief.

Now, the next step is to convince cartoon producers to stop cancelling the shows I like. In the past 3-4 years, we lost Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Green Lantern, and The Clone Wars (also: Young Justice, but I never really got into that one). What the heck?

Thankfully, the two live-action shows I like the most (Arrow, The Vampire Diaries) are still alive, well, and renewed.

I just hated it when they cancelled the Spectacular Spider-Man.

But since we're talking about TCW, and not a completely different genre, I should probably point out that disney has it's own kids channels. If we're lucky, we could end up getting TCW back, just on a different channel like Disney XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 3