Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Thanks, everyone. Today was a rough day. Her name was Princess and I had a routine where I would place my bag on the table and walk over to her spot on the couch to pet her every time I came home. It's been tough for me not to cry every time I walk in the front door.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quite happily adding components into my new computer build, get to the hard disk and find the 6Gb/s SATA lead doesn't fit because one of the connectors is angled and there's not room to fit it at either end. Now have to wait until Saturday minimum for a new cable Mad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Made a idiot of myself, getting beaten up at the national karate tournament...*facepalm* Confused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My emotions have been erratic for the last few days. It's really tiring me out. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Was hoping for a fun yet relaxed St. Patty's. My roommate, however, invited his friends from a nearby town out with us. These two guys are insane, always need to go hard as heck every single day and night, and will keep me up till 4 or 5 in the morning despite the fact that he says he will keep them quieter. I am not pleased as I have work at noon tomorrow. Keep in mind that while its at noon, if I'm up trying to sleep till 8 in the morning then I'm still going to be work the heck out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I lost my wedding band on Saturday Sad

My wife and I went to the sugar shack (the nearby farm where they tap maple trees and produce maple syrup), and I'm pretty sure when I washed my hands and then tried them quickly by rubbing them under my armpits, it slid off and into the dirt.

When we were shopping later that day, I noticed it wasn't on my hand. I had hoped that I had just forgotten to put it on, but then we couldn't find it at the house.

Gave my phone number to the store and the sugar shack, but I'm not confident I'll see it again. I was pretty upset for all of Saturday, but my wife too it really graciously (cause the ring is just a thing, and those can be replaced, so it's not worth hurt feelings) And then I was talking to people and found out that some of the smartest guys I know lost their wedding bands too over the course of their lives (my father-in-law dropped his down the bathtub drain, and spent 15 years without one).

So the conclusion is that I should be a bit better with my things, but that sometimes **** happens and there's no reason to get too upset about it.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Now that I'm a little more social, I'm having issues with a long time friend. We try to do stuff, but things always fall through. A couple days ago we planned dinner. When I asked her fiance if things were still on, he tells me she's been trying to call me when I haven't received a phone call from her. A while ago, I asked her if she wanted to go a con together, but she balked at that, blaming midterms. Usually we see each other once a year, and I'm starting to wonder if she likes it that way. Sad

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral when you said you lost your wedding band, I thought you were talking about a musical act. Then when I read on, I felt like such an idiot. lol
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Taral when you said you lost your wedding band, I thought you were talking about a musical act. Then when I read on, I felt like such an idiot. lol

I really didn't want to say anything for fear I'd be the only one feeling stupid when i thought that lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Story continues, in the Good Thing Of The Day page (!)

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Neither my mother, nor my sister, knew which way was east, when I asked them yesterday. They weren't disoriented, but sitting in the living room of our house (that we've had for 22 years). The sister thought the direction of east changed with whichever way the house is facing. And neither knew whether we're in the south-east or south-west part of England Shocked .

I blacked out after that point.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Neither my mother, nor my sister, knew which way was east, when I asked them yesterday. They weren't disoriented, but sitting in the living room of our house (that we've had for 22 years). The sister thought the direction of east changed with whichever way the house is facing. And neither knew whether we're in the south-east or south-west part of England Shocked .

I blacked out after that point.

I'm a fairly intelligent human being, if given 3 or 4 seconds to get my bearings I could direct you from my home to anywhere in the world if absolutely necessary. Put me in a car, however, and my IQ drops like a ton of bricks. I miss turns, I forget where I'm going, I forget which way is up. Some people just don't understand, and in the car I become one of those people lol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yet another of my favourite childhood bands has split up Sad
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Luke92 wrote:
Yet another of my favourite childhood bands has split up Sad

When childhood bands break up though, it usually means that, 10-20 years down the line, you'll get a cool reunion album and tour. My childhood bands (Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls) did that.

Alternatively, some members will go on to have amazing solo careers (e.g. N*SYNC broke up; Justin Timberlake alone is more popular than the whole group ever was).

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Self-inflicted gripe of the day: Tequila and then school the next morning.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 187 of 200