Music from Legacy of the Force.Fate of the Jedi Audiobooks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Music from Legacy of the Force.Fate of the Jedi Audiobooks?
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Im trying to track down the music that is used throughout the last 2 major audiobook series, narrated by Marc Thompson. One of the songs in particular is always playing whenever Abeloth is being discussed/present, a really creepy number with a female singing in the background. Not much to go on I know, but any help would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure which music you are referring to, it would be easier to figure out if I knew a specific point in one of the audiobooks. But I think all the music is from the films, so I would guess that the track is either Anakin's Betrayal or Padme's Ruminations if it has female vocals. Padme's Ruminations has a single female vocalist, whereas Anakin's Betrayal has a chorus. Hope that this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

In "Abyss" at 46:36 into the audiobook. Its hard to describe but there is a woman kind of singing in a really creepy mannor with really low end possibly cello notes? The song is usually played whenever Abeloth is mentioned and whats happening at the time I posted is Ben is flying a ship and senses Abeloth for the first time since he withdrew from the force when she contacted him at Shelter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I downloaded the 30th anni edition of the soundtrack from all the films, So I've been listening to it while reading, hoping I come across it, but theyre mostly full orchestra pieces, no hint of singing. Another one I cant find is the "Across the stars" song from Episode 2, but In the audiobooks it is a Harp version, like at the end when Jaina is getting married.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's Padme's Ruminations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1T9-wxjm0U

Based on the tracklist I found online for the 30th Anniversary Soundtrack, it's not a part of that collection, unfortunately.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7507388&style=classical&fulltracklist=T

That's the list I used, so perhaps it's wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

OH MY GOD!! Thank you!!! Ive been wondering about that for a long time, I get chills every time I hear it. This is my first post to this site and I had no idea how helpful you all really could be, thank you a million times over. Wow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No problem. I'll see what I can figure out about Across the Stars, I don't think any of the released soundtracks have variations of it.

On Youtube I've found this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-oLTiI6sk

Haven't listened to the audiobook version that you're talking about so I'm not sure if that's the one, But as far as I know it's not on any released soundtracks, but I'm not aware of them all. That particular version on the Youtube link is from Revenge of the Sith, I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The music from the Apocalypse audio book from Jaina's wedding is taken from the Attack of the Clones soundtrack's track "Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale," which is 10:45 long, starting at 9:10,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPEZb9voZsc#t=9m10s

The giveaway is how it segues into Anakin's Theme which then segues into the Imperial March, which only happens at the very end of Attack of the Clones' ending suite.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was just listening to the songs at random while reading and the song part from Jainas wedding came on and I was like OH and popped on real quick to tell you, only to see you beat me to it! HA. Thanks for all the help again Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No problem. Let me know if you need help identifying any other music. A lot of the games like Force Unleashed reuse music from the films and the source isn't readily apparent in those, so I have had some practice in listening to all the soundtracks for that reason as well.

I am a pretty big Traitor/Vergere fan as well...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I read a long discussion post you contributed to/started (cant remember, it was late when I read it last night) about Vergere from Traitor vs Destiny's Way, that was really interesting and kept me up WAY later than I intended to be up. Its a shame she's dead and was only really in those 2 books in detail, but it is kind of cool how ambiguous she is/was, reminds me of the Force before midichlorians came into play. I only listened to the audiobooks for the NJO which are heavily abridged, condensed into 2 hour listens so I'm going back and actually reading the books now. Fully read DW and traitor though, I love how topical she is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Katana_Geldar/Jacen_Solo,_Vergere_and_the_Force

There's an essay about Vergere and her depiction in Traitor and Destiny's Way. I occasionally talk to the author, though I haven't in a while. I used to agree with the essay but I don't necessary agree with it anymore, but it's interesting none the less. I think your signature is the core meaning to the novel Traitor, beyond anything else. Every person is going to get something different out of the book, and that line is a tacit acknowledgement of that, so consequently any intent or meaning on behalf of Vergere or Stover is irrelevant, and what the reader interprets is important. It's why Stover refuses to explain the novel.

I suppose that in more practical terms, what Jacen takes away from the experiences in the novel is more important than anything that Vergere says. Especially since Jacen drives the plot to the conclusion of the series, and Vergere does not.

http://40milesofbadroad.tumblr.com/post/24732165866/qui-gon-jinn-the-living-force-and-the-will-of-the

There's a short piece I wrote nearly a year ago which is probably relevant to past discussions that I've had about Vergere.

http://www.scifidimensions.com/Jun01/forcetaobutterfly.htm

Lastly, here's a short essay I found about two years ago that I was rather astounded to see was written in June 2001 -- well before Traitor was published -- but seemed to me to be about the same things that I thought Traitor was about, despite being based solely upon Episode I.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Ive actually stumbled upon the first link before and have it bookmarked because its always fun to go back and re-read/re-examine, but I'll absolutely check out those other links you've posted. Im reading Tales of the Jedi "Fall of the Sith Empire" currently, but you've once again extended my night by a few hours haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1