What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote  

Just picked up Skyrim again after nearly a year of not playing. Boy is my aim and judgement of distance terrible in melee! Aiming with my bow is fine but I'll have to really work on my ability to hit moving targets with my swords. Good thing I have a melee companion or else I might be in a lot of trouble.

Also looking forward to trying out Dawnguard. Definetely going to make two saves so I can try both story lines though I think siding with the Dawnguard will be the side I ultimately go with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote  

I still haven't been able to bring myself to play as a vampire Confused

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I still haven't been able to bring myself to play as a vampire Confused

I currently could play as a werewolf but I kinda keep having mixed feelings about being a Khajiit werewolf-cat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
I currently could play as a werewolf but I kinda keep having mixed feelings about being a Khajiit werewolf-cat.

That's funny, I did that too. But I thought that being the wolf was kind of lame, as it didn't really increase my abilities at all other than speed and no being able to pickup items was a huge disadvantage.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote  

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

That's funny, I did that too. But I thought that being the wolf was kind of lame, as it didn't really increase my abilities at all other than speed and no being able to pickup items was a huge disadvantage.

True. I've mostly found the disadvantage to being a lack of unnamed NPCs to massacre unless you try your hand at taking on a bunch of bandits that way. In some ways it seemed more trouble than it's worth although I have gotten some entertainment out of the kill cam when you maul a hapless NPC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I absolutely love Portal 2 still, despite having played it through many times.

Despite this, I have never played the co-op mode. I don't like multiplayer games very much (even in SWTOR I mostly play solo), except when it's my wife and I or friends and I playing in the same room (New Super Mario Bros Wii, for example).

But I really wanted to know what happens in the co-op mode. I could listen to GLaDOS speak for hours, and was curious about if there was actual story in the co-op mode.

So I found that the Hank Games channel on youtube has a channel of him and his buddy playing the co-op mode. The puzzles look cool and what I'm getting from the story is really cool.

So I get to see what happens in the game, without having to find people to play multiplayer.

Good times.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote  

So I've gotten a bit further with the Thieves Guild questline, I'm enjoying it overall but honestly I wish the whole bit with the Nightengales was different.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Last weekend I got back on The Old Republic for a bit. Good times.

I had recently cancelled my subscription and chose to go Free-to-Play, but when I did so I still had like 80 days on my paid time. So I took the opportunity to fill my character slots (Free-to-Play players have a limited number of slots, but subscribers have 12.)

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote  

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Last weekend I got back on The Old Republic for a bit. Good times.

I had recently cancelled my subscription and chose to go Free-to-Play, but when I did so I still had like 80 days on my paid time. So I took the opportunity to fill my character slots (Free-to-Play players have a limited number of slots, but subscribers have 12.)

If you still have your subscription I'd suggest looking on the GTN for various unlocks. With enough credits (and time) you should be able to buy every account wide unlock which will help a lot when your subscription time runs out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Fully completed Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Now on to Arkham City (or Arkham Asylum 2, to keep it in line with the descending number of sequels).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
Fully completed Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Now on to Arkham City (or Arkham Asylum 2, to keep it in line with the descending number of sequels).

Get ready for an awesome ride, that was hands down the best super hero game to ever exist!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm having a lot of fun just trying to get the Riddler trophies, it's definitely a tremendously superb game Smile .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So my subscription to The Old Republic finally ran out, so this weekend I tried Free To Play for the first time.

Story-wise, I can still do everything I want in the game. I don't care for Flashpoints or PVP Warzones, so the limits there aren't bad.

The problem is the limit on Medical Probes (on-site Revives after you die, rather than having to go back to a medical droid). You only get 5 (presumably per character). This number does not reset. The only way to get more is to buy more with real money.

On PVP servers, this will be especially problematic. Because if someone is being terrible and camping near a mission zone and keeps killing me, then I'll just keep having to back to med droids and hope he doesn't kill me again (or exit and play a different character).

The question becomes: is this a feature that I need so desperately that I'll pay $15 per month to have an unlimited supply of respawns?

What's more likely is that I'll be annoyed at the game and stop playing. So I hope they fix it.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Now playing Empire: Total War.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City is on sale today on Steam for $10, or $13 with all DLC. Now, I like Resident Evil (though mostly the old Playstation titles from the 1990s), and I like co-op cover shooters, so I am tempted to get this if I can convince my brother to play it with me! But I also recall it was kind of meh. But then so was Aliens: Colonial Marines, and I love that game!

So I'm torn.

Page 31 of 39