New sci-fi series by John Jackson Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
New sci-fi series by John Jackson Miller
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am Reply with quote  

Star Wars author John Jackson Miller announced a new (non-Star Wars) sci-fi series he's doing called Overdraft: The Orion Offensive.

You can find all the details here.

But here's the highlights...

*the book will be serialized into 8 "episodes" which will be available on Amazon.
*the first one comes out on April 2 and a new one will come out every 2 weeks
*all 8 episodes will cost on $1.99
*afterwards they'll all be collected into an eBook collection and a trade paperback (but it will be normal book pricing)

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this. Here's the Amazon link: Overdraft: The Orion Offensive

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

2 $ for the 8 episodes. Shocked

Defenitly geting this, but only after at least 4-5 episodes are out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote  

I read Episode 1 last night, really enjoyed it. It has the fun vibe and humor of the old Knights of the Old Republic comics. Lots of cool sci-fi elements and entertaining characters. Definitely worth checking out.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I read Episode 1 last night, really enjoyed it. It has the fun vibe and humor of the old Knights of the Old Republic comics. Lots of cool sci-fi elements and entertaining characters. Definitely worth checking out.

This is what I was waiting to hear. His more recent comics haven't been something I've gotten as into but I'd like to read this now.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

The third episode is online now -- and I have also started posting some supporting elements on my website, such as a timeline and a glossary. I hope to post more supporting material in the future!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote  

Cool, thanks for stopping by, John! I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1