The Clone Wars cancelled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Quote:
I thought I heard somewhere that it will have at least five seasons...

Just think, Reep. Now it's all over, possibly, and you turned out to be right. Maybe if you had said ten seasons, we would still be watching TCW on cartoon network every saturday morning. I'm kidding of course reep. It's only coincidence that you were the first one to mention that. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote  

Anyone else noticed that the announcement says they're "exploring" the idea of another Star Wars show in a different time period? That's not even a guarantee we're getting another tv show. We're going to be stuck in a Star Wars TV blackout for two years. Shocked

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Anyone else noticed that the announcement says they're "exploring" the idea of another Star Wars show in a different time period? That's not even a guarantee we're getting another tv show. We're going to be stuck in a Star Wars TV blackout for two years. Shocked

Honestly I'm fine with that. If we went back to actually having long periods of time between SW releases (rather than weekly tv, tons of comics, more books coming out all the time in all time periods) I might be more excited about them when they happened. I'm burnt out on SW and the Episode VII news kinda burnt me out more, so maybe a bit of a blackout for speculation and build-up would be good for the fan community.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote  

If they take away the books, Caedus, I'll be coming after you Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
If they take away the books, Caedus, I'll be coming after you Cool

With the way we've had a lot of them be hit and miss lately I'll take quality over quantity any day.

But ya, I have to admit I enjoy gazing at my glorious collection. The books still need to keep coming!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

News Report from TF.N:

TCW Bonus Content (aka shortened Season 6) to be only two arcs: third nearly complete arc scrapped.

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Report_TCW_Bonus_Content_To_Be_Two_Story_Arcs_150831.asp

So ... I'm guessing this will amount to six to eight regular episodes, probably. Good thing is, hopefully, hopefully none of it will mess with Labyrinth of Evil because that novel was a stellar prelude to ROTS and should not be touched.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Well, the news is confirmed. I don't regret waiting for confirmation though.

I really enjoyed the show, especially the past 2 seasons. I'll miss it, but I suppose I'm happy they're ending on a high note.

I'm not fussed about losing Detours. It would've been funny, but I doubt it would've been sustainable. A few TV Specials maybe, but an ongoing series? How many episodes before it got dull? The Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars specials were hilarious, but they were also brief.

Now, the next step is to convince cartoon producers to stop cancelling the shows I like. In the past 3-4 years, we lost Wolverine and the X-Men, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Green Lantern, and The Clone Wars (also: Young Justice, but I never really got into that one). What the heck?

Thankfully, the two live-action shows I like the most (Arrow, The Vampire Diaries) are still alive, well, and renewed.

Agreed. Everything good seems to be cancelled recently. GL: TAS and Young Justice may have some hope though. There's a new crowdfunding site for cancelled shows--smgo.tv (stands for 'The Show Must Go On'). The site has a meeting on Thursday with Warner Brothers about the two aforementioned series. Another great cancelled series, TRON: Uprising, is in the voting phase on the site right now. Everyone here should suggest TCW so the finished content doesn't get unnecessarily wasted.
"Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand. What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force."--Vergere
Go to smgo.tv and suggest Star Wars: The Clone Wars!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This was on the #SaveTheCloneWars website today from smgo.tv:

"Hi Folks
We just wanted to check back in and send a message to our friends at #SaveTheCloneWars. First, thank you very much for continuing to show your support for such an awesome animated series – we absolutely hear you and agree that your show deserves a spot on smgo.tv – and because you've been sending us hundreds of requests, we were planning to put it up to the voting phase.
But before we do, we have to point out that we already have two Disney shows, and we have reached out to Disney to present our platform. We want to give them a chance to meet with us before we add more shows. In the future, our goal is to move a show based solely on fan demand, but right now, we’ve found its better to take things a little slow.
We understand this isn’t an ideal solution, and we really want to #SaveTheCloneWars too – so just bear with us for a few more days and keep excited, we’re working on it. Smile
Thanks for your patience all!"

The other two Disney shows are Mark Hamill's new series Motorcity and TRON: Uprising.
"Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand. What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force."--Vergere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, these crowdsourcing websites bother me when they do this. People are giving their hard-earned cash to essentially help cover the costs of a TV show that is being produced and distributed by a multi-billion-dollar enterprise.

News flash: Disney has the money. They are making a choice to not make The Clone Wars.

I felt the same about the Kickstarter funding a Veronica Mars movie. If the actors and writers, who are worth quite a bit of money by themselves, wanted so badly to make these movies, then they'd find a way to fund, or reduce the costs, without asking the public to fund them (e.g. I've heard of actors saying "I want this movie made, and to get it made, I'll give up my box office share"). Kristen Bell has money, and if she kicked anything into the kickstarter, I'd be surprised.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I felt the same about the Kickstarter funding a Veronica Mars movie. If the actors and writers, who are worth quite a bit of money by themselves, wanted so badly to make these movies, then they'd find a way to fund, or reduce the costs, without asking the public to fund them (e.g. I've heard of actors saying "I want this movie made, and to get it made, I'll give up my box office share"). Kristen Bell has money, and if she kicked anything into the kickstarter, I'd be surprised.

They needed Warner Brothers to distribute it - which was the whole point of the Kickstarter, proving to WB that there was an audience for the film and that it would not be a waste for WB.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

They needed Warner Brothers to distribute it - which was the whole point of the Kickstarter, proving to WB that there was an audience for the film and that it would not be a waste for WB.

Sure, but this couldn't be established in ways other than crowdsourcing? They've had ways to prove that movie audiences exist for decades. One of those would've worked.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Reality is, big companies like Disney don't care about anything but the bottom line. That's why they keep bad shows like Ultimate Spider-Man and cancel good ones like TCW and TRON: Uprising. For some reason, the general American public doesn't want good, thought-provoking television with character development, they want Honey Boo-Boo. Since the only thing these companies really care about is money, it's the only thing they'll respond to. Now, if all these companies made was good television, they'd go out of business no matter how much dough they started out with, and then where would we be? At least if fans pay for the show to get started, Disney will really have no reason not to air it on smgo.tv. Just imagine if everyone who watched TCW gave ten or twenty dollars--that would add up fast. This is the problem with the Disney sale (besides the EU possibly going down the toilet): say what you will about George Lucas, but the bottom line was never his top priority.

PS: Can anyone explain to me how to get an avatar on this site? Every time I try to upload one from my computer or choose a preexisting one, it doesn't show up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You have to resize the avatar to below 6 kb, which I found extreme difficulty with my current one. I had to shrink it below the size limits as they were. I suspect that's your problem. Otherwise its dimensions are too big.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Crash Override wrote:
You have to resize the avatar to below 6 kb, which I found extreme difficulty with my current one. I had to shrink it below the size limits as they were. I suspect that's your problem. Otherwise its dimensions are too big.

Worked. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I didn't care much when Disney bought out Lucas, but this just angers me, this was like the only thing I'd bother watching on TV.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 3