Dawn of the Jedi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote  

Randy Stradley has already said there will be a third arc for Dawn of the Jedi, they just haven't released any hard info (like date or name of arc).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
It does feel like a very big story to wrap up in just 2 more issues, with war being on the horizon. I actually haven't read the first DOTJ arc (comic shop has them all, but I'm waiting for a sale) but is this the Lightsaber origin story too? Now that Ostrander has wrapped up his 2 currents I wonder if DH will try to squeeze another few in before the SW comic implosion?

There will undoubtedly be more arcs, so I wouldn't worry there.

Regarding lightsaber origins, I'd say so. In SWTOR, as the Jedi Consular, you visit a place called The Forge (possibly the forge visited in DOTJ #Cool and get the First Lightsaber (green crystal!)
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote  

John Ostrander mentioned the forcesabers in a recent interview.

Quote:
WT: I'm assuming that a lot of research also had to be done in creating all these new elements in the past?

John Ostrander: Absolutely but we always do that. There’s what I call “fair extrapolation” which means you take a given fact and then you tease out what might happen or what it might mean if you logically pursued it. You might ask where did such and such come from. For example, it was a given that the hyperspace drive that later ships – such as the Millennium Falcon – used originated with the Rakatan hyperdrive that used the Force as a power source. Extrapolating from that, we asked how lightsabers were developed and came up with Rakatan “forcesabers” which were forerunners in terms of the overall technology but used the Force itself as a power source. We thought that since a forcesaber would be an aggressive weapon, it would pull on the dark side as its power source. All of which seemed to make sense to LFL as well as us.

Link: http://www.theweeklycrisis.com/2013/03/fireside-chat-with-john-ostrander.html

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

#4 was a great issue! For me it took 4 issues but now it DOTJ really feels like SW. #5 is Going to be a big one!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote  

I really liked the ending with the Kwa talking about their relationship with the Rakata. Pretty cool origin story. I also like how Daegan doesn't want to destroy the Jedaii. I was a little worried about how far they were taking him into badguy territory, but that was a nice move to put him right back in the gray area.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really want a prequel to this prequel comic.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I have the first three issues of the current arc, but have yet to actually read them. I'll have to amend that soon.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote  

Details about the third Dawn of the Jedi arc have been revealed. It will be called Force Wars and will jump ahead 1 year in the timeline (note it was incorrectly stated on Jedi Journals that it would jump ahead 100 years).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think I would be more into the book that is coming out if it had a closer tie in to this comic series. I know it's the same time and all but why not have these characters?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Murray1134 wrote:
I really want a prequel to this prequel comic.

What would you like to see, Paul?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

They keep talking about this civil war that they had on Tython. I want to see that.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Murray1134 wrote:
They keep talking about this civil war that they had on Tython. I want to see that.

It's coming.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote  

Dawn of the Jedi: Force War #3

Je’daii generals Daegen Lok and Xesh are captured by Xesh’s former Rakatan masters, and Xesh learns the truth behind his arrival on Tython. Half-mad with regret, he is forced to give the invaders the knowledge they need to defeat Xesh’s Je’daii friends—and enslave the entire planet!

Writer: John Ostrander
Penciller: Jan Duursema
Inker: Dan Parsons
Colorist: Wes Dzioba
Cover Artist: David Michael Beck
Publication Date: January 15, 2014
Format: FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
Price: $3.50

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm glad to have this title back! I'm pretty happy that it jumped right into war, sometimes the setup can be waaaay to slow, not this time, it's WAR!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote  

Dawn of the Jedi—Force War #5 (of 5)

Release Date: March 19, 2014
Details: FC, 32 pages, $3.50, Miniseries

Writer: John Ostrander
Penciller: Jan Duursema
Inker: Dan Parsons
Colorist: Wes Dzioba
Cover Artist: David Michael Beck (Cover)

The alien Rakata are on the brink of opening the Infinity Gate, ready to unleash their Empire on an unsuspecting galaxy! The Je’daii must win this battle—even if it means the end of their order. But how can they attain victory when their greatest hero has joined the enemy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 8 of 9