Planet Comicon 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Planet Comicon 2013
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote  

Not sure if anyone would be interested or not, but Kansas City had a nice little convention which included a number of Star Wars guests. I did a write up for it and included some audio recordings of some of the panels I went to. You can check it out here.

Ray Park was there and he did a really fun panel where he ended up sword fighting a little kid on stage, complete with a mock death. I'm not sure if anyone video recorded it, but if I find I find a video, I'll be sure to post the link. It was really funny.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My roommate went to this, but he didn't make it to the Ray Park panel (I wish he had). He did Scott Snyder though, got 2 of my comics signed for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote  

Here's a video of Ray Park's epic duel Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3hszJPqnu3I

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Here's a video of Ray Park's epic duel Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3hszJPqnu3I

You're awesome Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote  

The video doesn't show it, but before that, there was a member of the 501st dressed as Darth Maul (really good job too) and he offered Ray his double bladed FX lightsaber. Ray started swirling it around and one of the blades flew off. Afterwards Ray said "Does anyone else have a lightsaber?" Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Did anyone ask him about being Toad?

I'd've asked him questions about being Toad.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1