Jaden Korr clone in "abyss"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaden Korr clone in "abyss"
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I've read riptide but not crosscurrent so I may be not as informed as I wish. But given that riptide occurs a few books before book 1 of fate of the Jedi and Abyss being book 3, when Leia and Han trick Jaden into getting into the council meeting because they have information on the company of mandalorians possibly being hired by Daala, that was the clone Jaden? If so, does anybody ever find out that it is the clone? I would like to assume that at least 1 Jedi would have noticed something different about his force presence when he came back in a different body. I feel bad for the guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The clone thing has never been referenced in other works beyond Riptide (yet). So while it is the clone in Abyss, we can't be sure if anyone knew or not.

I'm still hoping for part 3 (Undertow, perhaps?). I loved Crosscurrent, and Riptide was alright. I had a lot of trouble following it, mostly because of the clones:

a) I knew the characters like Soldier and the rest were clones of Jedi or Sith we knew from previous EU material
b) I picture characters when I read, and try and hear their voices when they speak
c) I was given NO DESCRIPTION of any of the clones until the plot twists 3/4 through the book.

As a result, I felt I couldn't connect with the characters, because I felt I should've known what they looked/sounded like, but had no idea.

Also: welcome to the forums! For future reference, we have a great thread for general Star Wars questions, over here: http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=982&start=105

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Why the hell did they make the Jaden in Abyss a clone? It just seems like a pointless retcon. Now I have even less interest in reading the copy of Riptide that's been sitting on my shelf.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We don't actually know if the Jaden in Abyss is the same as the clone at the end of Riptide - Abyss was written before Riptide and there are a few years between the two stories.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

GrandMaster wrote:
We don't actually know if the Jaden in Abyss is the same as the clone at the end of Riptide - Abyss was written before Riptide and there are a few years between the two stories.

plus this clone of Korr is different than any clone before since JADEN is INSIDE the clone due to the tech used.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote  

Werehunter wrote:
Why the hell did they make the Jaden in Abyss a clone? It just seems like a pointless retcon. Now I have even less interest in reading the copy of Riptide that's been sitting on my shelf.

I don't believe it would be a retcon. It'll make more sense once you read Riptide. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Like Taral I too am hoping for part 3 of the book. Crosscurrent and Riptide have always felt like part of an unfinished trilogy to me.

The only Jedi that we can say for certain that knows Jaden is in fact a clone is Marr. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 1