What would you do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It would certainly reduce Star Wars's Kevin Bacon quotient to just one. Razz

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maybe it's possible to shoehorn a well-done epic storyline into the established continuity, but it's very unlikely imo. If they are trying to preserve continuity, setting the movies post-RotJ would be a better option. The actors are roughly the right ages for that period anyway. However, with Lucasfilm reportedly working off of Lucas's treatments for the Sequel Trilogy and Lucas being "creative consultant", I'm doubtful that EU continuity will be respected.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Tash Arranda wrote:
I would be too sad about the old EU being rendered pointless to really care about a new EU. The old EU would remain my headcanon and I would only read new EU stuff if it was phenomenal.

I ask again, in what way would the old EU be "rendered pointless"?

The point of the EU is to entertain. If you are entertained by reading Star Wars books, then they have done their job effectively. Continuity is all well and good, but rendering them differently-canon does not retroactively make them unenjoyable.

I agree with this completely. I have said in the past that Star Wars canon/continuity is what drew me to the EU, and it is. I certainly enjoy reading a book that is part of a larger story line, and if I wanted to know the larger story, and I have, I can go to Wookieepedia, but in the end it comes down to whether I was entertained while reading the book. If they retool the EU and come up with someone completely new I'll probably jump on the band wagon and continue buying the books because I like Star Wars. However, like I do now, I'll evaluate each book individually on whether or not I'll read it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 3 of 3