Football
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a thread for American football.

Have a collage team you like? Want to discuss an upcoming match-up of NFL rivals? Heck, you can even bring up Arena football. Talk about it here.

Let's start a simple discussion. Who watches any kind of football, and what is your favorite pro and collage team?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't watch much American football, sadly. If others are watching it and I'm around, I'll join, but most of the time I don't go out of my way to catch it. Then again, I don't watch many sports anyway. Used to go to a Class A baseball team's game almost all the time, but busy schedule called life has never had a decent break for some time. However, I used to cheer the New Orleans Saints on because I liked their colors and logo Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am not really into football. Like Aush, if someone else is watching it i will too, but i dont go out of my way to watch it. I do go out of my way to watch the superbowl though, because I like to see who wins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Whoo-hoo! Go Aush! Saints all the way! Sorry, but sad as they may occasionally (okay...most often) be, I am a die-hard fan! How you can be from New Orleans and not love the Saints?! If you don't, you're a traitor. And go back to the pit from which you came! (I stole that line from somewhere)

Seeing as the poor Saints have never been to the Super Bowl, and have only made the play-offs twice, I believe, I still love them. Smile

A friend of mine, who also loves the Saints (though maybe not as much as me) had a funny saying a few years back. The Saints motto at the time (I suppose they were doing badly) was: You gotta have faith. My friend liked to come back with: But faith without works is dead. Very Happy

However, we still cheer for them every game. Couple weeks ago against the Vikings was quite depressing, but hey...they have their ups and their downs. You know.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Saints are cool. Not a fan, but if it was them against someone like the Cowboys, I pick Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*applauds Old Master Ben* Well that's all I could ever ask for. Welcome aboard! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well being in DC - we have the Redskins. I hate the name, its not very PC, at the same time the Redskins are a huge part of DC. No one on my block is hanging out on their porch during a game. You can strike up a casual conversation with almost everyone about our beloved team. On the one hand they bring the city together, and yet its not a nice name for a team. Oh well. At least they are playing well this season!!! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes Bly, after Sean Taylor died they've become a different team. Maybe they'll go deeper into the playoffs this year.

As for me, I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan, despite living in Florida. Yes, I was a fan before they won the Super Bowl, no bandwagon jumping here.

I'm also a huge fan of Brett Favre, so I guess I like the Jets now too. Very Happy

Okay, I'll take a hit for this.....
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have been a died hard Seattle Seahawks fan since they came into the league in '76 (w/Tampa Bay BTW and please don't mention last nights game or this season). I cried when they got sc$%#@ in Super Bowl 40. BUT, I can say that BOTH teams didn't want to win that game. It came down to who wanted to not win it more.

As for my collage team, the UCLA Bruins. My older brother graduated from there years ago.

This is your Uncle Kal signing off. Let the Jawa's fly with trash talk Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote  

I have to root for my home team...GO RAMS! Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Seahawks? I think they're still suffering a hangover from that bashing Favre gave them in the snow last playoffs. Razz

You guys really can't help your problems though. Your best players are injured, and while your new guy at running back was doing good, I dropped him off my fantasy team last week because of his decline. Razz

As for the Rams, I watched them with Kurt Warner, but getting rid of him has made them..., well, I won't insult. Wink

But hey, two wins in a row! Beating the Cowboys, America's Diva team is good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, we lost to the Redskins not too long ago. Though not by much!

And for college team, well...I want to be true to my school. But problem is, I didn't even know my school had a team until I started going there. Doesn't mean they're bad, necessarily, cause they play fairly well. Just that...they play in a small circle. Sooo...all that to say that for my college team, I'll have to cheer for LSU. Geaux Tigers! Very Happy

Hey Now!!!
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

OMB, now, yes it hurt in the snow last year. Someone tell me how Favre was able to make that d@m^ pass almost without looking, underhanded, in the snow and (I say this as a joke) with one hand tied behind his back???

What is hurting us this year is Holgren has announced that he's leaving at the end of the season and turning the team over the Jim Mora Jr. The jury to me is still out for Mora Jr. (I liked his father). This season is probably done for us, but I still wear my hat, Super Bowl hoodie (again DO NOT go there) and cheer for my team.

And Darth - being a guy that grew up with Rams out here in the left coast, all I can say is WAA HA HA HA HA HA, you can have them. I saw Georgia F. ruin my childhood baseball stadium. I didn't loose any sleep when they left.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
How you can be from New Orleans and not love the Saints?! If you don't, you're a traitor. And go back to the pit from which you came! (I stole that line from somewhere)

I'm thinking that's Lord of the Rings (movie version). I think Elrond says about the One Ring "it must be cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came" or something like that.

Anyway back to football. I'm a recent New York Giants convert (I actually became a fan once they made it into the Superbowl last year). Up until then I had been a Dallas Cowboys fan. I never truly became a serious fan of the Cowboys and probably sometime around high school began to switch alliance to the Giants. My dad who is a die-hard Giants fan couldn't be happier that I'm now a Giants fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not necessarily a Giants fan, but seeing as Eli is on their team, that's who I was rooting for at the Super Bowl. Because Archie Manning was a Saints player, after all. We love the Mannings. Smile

Oh, and I got the line from Atlantis, actually. I just remembered. I believe Sweet says it to Mole.

My friends and I have this joke about the Saints winning or losing. We don't get to see each other too often (as opposed to we used to see each other at least 2-3 times a week), and we've been trying to get together in the last few months. So our joke is that if we manage to get together, the Saints are going to win their next game. If not, the Saints lose. Funny thing is, for this particular season, it's held true! Ha! Great excuse to get together and par-tay, let me tell you. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 17