What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City is on sale today on Steam for $10, or $13 with all DLC. Now, I like Resident Evil (though mostly the old Playstation titles from the 1990s), and I like co-op cover shooters, so I am tempted to get this if I can convince my brother to play it with me! But I also recall it was kind of meh. But then so was Aliens: Colonial Marines, and I love that game!

So I'm torn.

My co-op buddy bailed on me after the first two levels, but I really enjoyed the game when we played it together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I went ahead and picked it up, although I wasn't able to convince my brother to do so. It seems worth playing solo if you're a fan of the series, although it feels more like a pastiche of the series than a legitimate game in it.

I kinda dig the spec ops motif to the game. The game is kind of anachronistic with the cutscenes depicting elaborate computer modeled maps, including real time movement of people fleeing zombies and stuff, I assume as homage to the Resident Evil films (which are meh), but since the game is supposed to be set in 1998 it seems anachronistic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Been playing a lot of Pixel People on my iPod Touch.

I'm hoping to play some Dishonored tonight. Or maybe some Super Mario Galaxy. Something game-like.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (which doesn't require Far Cry 3 to play!) comes out on Wednesday. It's basically a huge homage to the 1980s.

The player character, Sargeant Rex 'Power' Colt, is voiced by Michael Biehn! His handgun is Robocop's Auto-9!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zh94nidjpM Trailer has profanity!

"From the toxic ashes of Vietnam War 2, a new breed of renegade soldier is born. Part man, part machine. All cyber commando."

Gratuitous Predator reference!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote  

Have any of you guys played Battlefield 3? I know Battlefield 4 is coming out soon but that's also made BF3 much cheaper on Amazon. Just wondering if BF3 would be worth picking up on the 360 (I know I'd have to get a Live Gold Membership for online play but I wouldn't mind that) or if it falls short of living up to the Battlefield legacy.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I play Battlefield 3 on the PC. It's a lot closer to Battlefield 2 than the Bad Company games IMO.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote  

I really liked BF2 (though I preferred the weapons mechanics of 2142). So you would say it is worth it for someone who enjoyed BF2/2142.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked both BF2 and BF2142. Which weapon mechanics do you refer to?

In BF3, you unlock everything, so each class starts with a base weapon which is also contingent upon side, either US or RU, e.g. assault class gets a M16A3 for US and an AK-47 for RU. Getting 10 kills (and it ramps up) with a gun unlocks an attachment, such as a reflex scope or foregrip or heavy barrel, etc., and getting a certain amount of points as a class leads toward unlocking either new guns like the M416 for assault, or defibrillators as equipment.

Of course, EA sells DLC for different kits and vehicles so you can have everything unlocked from the start, which for stuff like flying jets might actually be useful because you will be torn apart in a jet by people that unlocked everything.

I wish they'd make a sequel to BF2142 myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote  

Crash Override wrote:
I liked both BF2 and BF2142. Which weapon mechanics do you refer to?

The way bullet accuracy was affected. IE in BF2 you had to be very mindful of controlling deviation (the L85 being a prime example) whereas in 2142 you had to control recoil. I just liked 2142's method where recoil was what made your shots miss, not random bullet deviation. Personal preference really, I just find it easier to control recoil.

Both were very good games though. I just haven't kept in the loop with games as I only recently got a 360. While my laptop is good it isn't a gaming laptop and I don't want to fry its innards by playing a game that isn't on my "must have" list (such as Skyrim). Don't want to blow a bunch of cash on a game that's a dud.

Which on that note: since I'd likely buy it for the 360 with BF4 on the way does that mean BF3 multiplayer will die as everyone drifts to the next shiny thing? (I don't have any console online multiplayer experience so I don't know whether console gamers have short attention spans and abandon good games for the newest thing even though the old game is still really fun).

Quote:

I wish they'd make a sequel to BF2142 myself.

I would buy that in a second.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, console game online communities tend to die when the Next Big Thing comes out. But generally there's always a few people still playing the big games like Modern Warfare and I would presume BF3 even after the BF4 comes out. There's always hardcore fans that prefer the balancing of the earlier game and refuse to play the new one.

As for recoil... I think it has a combo of recoil and deviation. There's different attachments which are useful for different recoil, either horizontal or vertical. The foregrip reduces horizontal recoil but reduces accuracy at range. I think the horizontal recoil is deviation. Vertical recoil is the one that's more easy to adjust for.

I've pretty much stopped playing Xbox.. I play PC pretty exclusively now.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quote  

hmmmm, I'm guessing on PC people will still play though right (since BF2 still seems to have a healthy community)? Might rethink buying it for the 360.

Also looking through the minimum specs I know I have enough RAM and I'm 99% sure that my graphics card is above minimum. The processor though I'm a little sketchy on. It says the minimum is a Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz; I have a Core i3 at 2.27GHz.

Now I know the GHz is lower than was they have as minimum but I'm not sure where the i3 ranks in comparison to the Core 2 Duo. If the i3 is better than the Core 2 Duo would that mean having only 2.27 GHz be less of a problem/no problem?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So Salaris, or anyone else, are you going to be picking up The Elder Scrolls Online when it's released?

When they announced it, I was immensely skeptical, since AFAIK it's a completely different design team working on it and it looked like a WoW clone like SWTOR with an Elder Scrolls veneer. The lore is also kind of wonky. The Ebonheart Pact makes no sense at all from a lore perspective; it seems like they've sacrificed the lore to balance it out so each faction has a monster race: The Daggerfall Covenant has Orcs, the Aldmeri Dominion has Khajit, and the Ebonheart Pact has Argonians.

However, the more I've heard about it, the more intrigued I've become. It looks like it has twitch combat like Oblivion and Skyrim, first person or third person perspective, and the whole of Tamriel to explore.

My only concern is that my natural inclination to generally just explore as I do in the other games will be restricted by leveled zones. I suppose it will cease to be a problem once I hit level cap, but exploration is my favorite thing.

I guess my SWTOR Guild is making the jump. I dunno if they're going to stick to SWTOR, but I am guessing it will be very empty. Most I think are playing Neverwinter right now anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Got so far in Dishonored yesterday! And I'm having so much fun with it!

After I'm done, I think I'll need to try again, with no fatalities. I love how a game where you play an assassin has a different ending/achievement where you can kill absolutely nobody for the whole game (even specific assassination targets have non-lethal options).

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote  

So I did get BF3 and I must say I'm quite impressed with what they did! After an initially very bumpy start going against guys who know the maps like the back of their hand I think I'm finally getting into the swing of things (although it will be a long time before I break having a 1.0 K/D).

I find the mini map a bit weird with its blue satellite scan look after getting used to the look of the mini map on earlier games. It's also a little weird not being able to manually spot enemies but that might be due to the limitations of the 360. Overall though I've been having a good time playing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think you push either the back button or one of the thumbsticks down to "spot" an enemy and place a cursor over his head for you and your teammates, and for him to appear on the minimap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 32 of 38