Relationships (or lack thereof)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
I read somewhere a while back that if you listen to depressing music after a break-up, it takes you longer to get over it. I dunno how true that is and I can't recall or find where I read it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n30gxo5vwCM

This is the song I most identify with feeling like garbage after a break-up! Even though it doesn't really have anything to do with that and is just depressing on its own merit.

Not bad! I'll be adding that to my break-up queue. My own personal favorite is actually 'Nothing Better' by The Postal Service.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks for the advice, guys. It means a lot. Smile

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Also I don't know how she pulled the trigger but I've been on the receiving end where the woman was pretty cruel about it. So if she wasn't nice don't feel like it's wrong to be bitter/angry at her.

She was so nice about it. That's the thing. She told me that I was kind, deep, and special. It's the other guy that messed things up. We probably would have had a shot otherwise. It probably makes it harder than if she had told me to shove off. Then I could just shrug and say, "No loss".

Salaris Vorn wrote:
I have a few select songs I also like to listen to when I'm feeling down.

The song that's really doing it for me right now is "Motorcycle Drive By". It was originally done by Third Eye Blind and was covered by Relient K. I like both versions. Some of my usual bands have been helpful (e.g. Owl City, OceanLab), but others have been almost unlistenable. The Beatles are just too peppy and lovey dovey. Yellowcard has been strange, because I always listened to them when I was feeling angsty/worried/hopeful about Sara at various points in the road, but now the songs have lost their meaning. "Gifts and Curses" used to be my favourite song, but I don't know if I can ever listen to it again without feeling like crap. Basically I'm trying to find the right balance between music that isn't too depressing (no emo!) and music that is too hopeful (because it's annoying as heck).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Those Music choices will make more sense in time. You'll re-discover some bands after your get distance from this. I recommend:

1. The Postal Service
2. The Veils
3. Goo Goo Dolls (specifically Dizzy)
4. The Beatles, but the Rubber Soul album since its less what's annoying you.
5. The Strokes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote  

One song I like listening to is "How can you mend a broken heart" (either the Bee Gees or Michael Buble's versions, not a fan of Al Green's).

While it's sad if you listen to the lyrics it's also an appeal to the person who is being sung to to help the singer get over the heart break "and let me live again." (as I interpret it an unidentified woman other than the one who caused the heart break is being sung to; I like to think she'll help and things turn out good in the end). So I really like the song because the lyrics speak to how depressing heart break is but also have hints that, even though things look really bleak, there may be someone who will help you find the beauty in living again.

A friend of mine also suggested this song once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

I'm kinda torn between whether I find the lyrics or the visuals of the music video more amusing.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Remember Good of Thing of the Day guy? Still hasn't called me. Sad

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:

Then screw that guy, not worth your time.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ completely agree, of course it is an easier said then done task but finding someone who can't wait to be with you too will make all the stress/aggravation of the "hunt" instantly fade away! Sorry though..... we were rooting for you!!! He's out there just keep your eyes peeled!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I like to take the initiative. I can't just sit, wait, and hope a hot guy notices me. I'd rather do it (as long as it's not one sided), but I keep hearing that the guy is supposed to be the pursuer, that if a girl does it, then she must be desperate, blah, blah...

What's your take on it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Depends on if you're talking about a guy that has your number and hasn't called you, or someone else. In the case of the former, the guy unfortunately probably isn't interested.

But I think if it's a new person you're talking about there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm not sure if this is a continuation of that line of thought or a new one, hence two answers!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dancelittleewok wrote:
I like to take the initiative. I can't just sit, wait, and hope a hot guy notices me. I'd rather do it (as long as it's not one sided), but I keep hearing that the guy is supposed to be the pursuer, that if a girl does it, then she must be desperate, blah, blah...

What's your take on it?

Personally I think 'the guy is supposed to be the pursuer' is old-fashioned nonsense. Or at least, 'only guys should be the pursuer'. Sure, we can be the pursuers, but I see nothing wrong with women doing the pursuing, either.

I'm pretty sure I used up my quota for the word 'pursuer' for, you know, the year. And made it sound a liiitle bit rape-y.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Crash Override wrote:
Depends on if you're talking about a guy that has your number and hasn't called you, or someone else. In the case of the former, the guy unfortunately probably isn't interested.

But I think if it's a new person you're talking about there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm not sure if this is a continuation of that line of thought or a new one, hence two answers!

This is a different guy. Actually, the other guy's best friend. We're gonna hang out tonight, so I'm pretty excited. I'm moving on. I don't think the former guy is interested in a relationship anyway. He hangs out with tons of girls, but nothing substantial ever happens. Kinda weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's weird depending upon what you mean by substantial.

Good luck with the other guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree with the last few responses, since it is a new guy, then it is fair game for the female to be the pursuer. The "men must chase" day of age is gone IMO. Glad to hear your all moved on and such, now keep pushing on you'll get um, good luck on your night out! Wait that was yesterday, where's the deets? Lol

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:

Then screw that guy, not worth your time.

Okay. Ran into him last night. I was extremely nervous, so I kinda avoided him, even when he tried to strike up a conversation. Fortunately, we chatted later when we were both wasted. I still like him, but I fear I may have friend zoned myself by avoiding him, which sends the message that I don't like him, when he just makes me twitchy because I really, really like him. Ugh!

Crash wrote:

It's weird depending upon what you mean by substantial.

Going off his FB page - yeah I know not the best source of intel - he's popular with the ladies. I can't help but wonder with all these girls he's hanging out why he can't find a compatible girlfriend. Does he want attention or what?

Quote:
Good luck with the other guy.

The other guy keeps bringing up a girl that he semi-dated. I don't think he's over her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's hard to tell what's going on with the first guy, but if he hasn't called you I am guessing he's not interested -- but you mention being afraid that he friend zoned you because you avoided him, so did you actively try not to speak with him? If you simply didn't make an effort to contact him (as opposed to avoiding, e.g. not returning calls), and he didn't contact you, he's in all likelihood unfortunately not interested. And I don't think guys friend zone women.

As for the second guy, I guess it is a bad sign if he's talking about another girl when he's with you.

But I obviously don't know the full picture here so there might be some detail that I don't know about that changes everything, so I dunno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 11 of 14