Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I still play periodically, but I went Free to Play. I think I played once in all of April.

It's not that I don't enjoy it anymore, it's just that I don't have as much time to devote to it.

Yeah that's why I stopped. The little time I had I used to play newer stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So, since it's May the 4th, I'm contemplating resubbing and perhaps even getting the expansion. F2P is designed to get new players rather than retain old ones because it's unplayable if you've had a subscription IMO, it takes away so much.

But I've got the game reinstalled! All my good characters are on The Ebon Hawk server. I got a bunch of low level characters on other servers, but they all need name changes.

I've got my Legacy level pretty high on TEH server, so I also dunno if I want to change servers, but I dunno how useful your Legacy level actually is now since it seems you can buy anything you want anyway, so I suppose that I'm open to changing servers if everyone else is on a different on than TEH. It's been so long since I played I don't mind starting over at level 1, plus it's hard to pick up a level 50 character after not having played for about six months and to be effective.

EDIT: Thursday is supposed to be the day they drop a patch that introduces Cathar as a playable species and also you will be able to change your existing character to Cathar through the Cartel shop, or change your species to something else if you choose, or just change your appearance.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So who is still playing this, and is anyone on The Ebon Hawk? I'm playing on that simply because I've got the 50 BH, 48 JK, 32 Smuggler, 28 Sith Inquisitor, and 26 Jedi Consular, and I've unlocked Sith Pureblood and Chiss as universal races.

Did anyone know that you can get Revan's costume for your character?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So, my Sith Warrior has become a Revan knockoff.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote  

Crash Override wrote:

Did anyone know that you can get Revan's costume for your character?

If you check out dulfy.net it has all the costumes. Looks like they've basically been putting the clothing of classic characters from KOTOR I/II in. I've wanted to get my hands on Carth's gear as I think that will suit my Jedi Shadow much better than the current jacket I have (plus it's Carth's so it's kinda a must have for any fan of KOTOR I).

I think if and when I get back into the game I will set about collecting all of the KOTOR I/II gear they have just for the heck of it.

I also saw they added Qui-Gon Jinn's hairstyle to the human species. Which is pretty cool. I haven't been able to play in a long while but I really like how they seem to be going back to basics and doing iconic looks rather than trying to Star Warsify gear that would probably be a better fit in a game like WoW.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I sold a guidmate a cartel pack which turned out to have Revan's mask in it. Probably wouldn't have had it if I opened it, because I'm assuming it's decided randomly when it's opened. But it's selling for a million credits on the GTN. I COULD HAVE BEEN RICH. =(

I dunno if I'm interested in getting any of the costumes. I got that eradicator outfit that looks a bit like Revan's outfit on my Sith Warrior, which is cool. I got a magenta crystal for my Jedi Knight. Pink lightsabers are my favorite.

What's nice about the new collections feature is that with the cartel items, once you bind them they're available for ALL your characters (with a cartel coin fee to unlock, of course). Same as HK-51. And they're mostly level 10 req to equip despite having the bonuses of a level 50 item. I wish there was a level 10 req cartel magenta crystal. The closest is this:

There's a light purple as well, but the non-PVP ones are expensive on GTN:

It's nice that they've expanded the lightsaber colors though, the blue-green-yellow-red was boring.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote  

so I've looked through the patch notes on all the updates I've missed and I was wondering about this "Escrow Credit Transfers" thing.

It looks like it's in essence gold selling by the game developers. Or does it only transfer whatever amount of credits you have available from your escrow (so for example if I had 100K credits in escrow but bought the 600K package I'd only get 100K credits since that's all I had in escrow). Kinda cool for those of us who don't normally need the subscriber's unlimited credit wallet though I'd personally prefer if they had sold a permanent credit wallet cap increase. Even if it only increased the cap in increments of 100K for example it'd be nice to get a permanent increase to the amount of credits you personally need.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It is only to access credits you have in escrow to make large purchases.

I hear paid character server transfers are coming in 2.2 or possibly before. But I'm a high council member in my republic guild on the ebon hawk so I'm not sure if I will. Perhaps one of my alts like my smuggler.

At this point, I got a lvl 53 Jedi guardian, a lvl 50 mercenary, a lvl 33 gunslinger, a lvl 28 sorcerer, a lvl 27 sage, a lvl 26 sith juggernaut, a lvl 12 power tech, and a level 10 agent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:22 pm Reply with quote  

well at least they'll be getting paid character transfers. Still I'd guess that the official forum community will find something new to complain about unless those forums changed when I took a break from TOR.

Overall I'm glad that, so far, they seem to have avoided P2W with the in game store. I was really worried that they'd just start selling top end gear in the store when they went F2P.

I heard they made a quite a few tweaks to classes with new powers and eliminating some old ones. Did that work out well or did they end up crippling some classes?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was wondering if anyone is playing on the European sever "Red Eclipse"? That's the one which my characters are on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote  

So finally got back into TOR and got the Makeb expansion. I'm still working through all the changes that have been implemented since I last played, especially the changes to classes.

I like how they changed the Jedi Shadow so the rotation seems a lot tighter. I can't be sure but I think the changes they implemented really have helped with survivability with that class as well as DPS (I took out two gold star baddies and their mob on Makeb, I'm pretty sure previously my Shadow would've wiped trying to take on those kind of odds).

I'm also delighted that they seem to have changed the end game gear works. Maybe finally I'll be able to get the look I want for end game content! On a related note with the newest end game armors I haven't seen any set bonuses like we had on the old end game sets, did they do away with set bonuses?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote  

haha success! I managed to acquire the complete Carth Onasi set via the GTN. I've set the goal to acquire all the KOTOR I/II gear sets. My priority are all KOTOR I hero sets, the KOTOR Sith Trooper set, The Last Handmaiden set, and then the KOTOR villains.

Normally I find grinding dailies a pain and unenjoyable but completing these collections makes it all worthwhile. Plus I have strong motivation to grind dailies so I can finally get rid of the awful pre-ROTHC end game gear in favor of gear that actually fits the look I want. I'll do Makeb after I've gotten rid of that gear because I refuse to watch all the cut scenes looking like some demented fantasy character that escaped from the WoW insane asylum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've finally decided to give SWTOR a try.

I've downloaded the game and was playing a bit last night, but today I can't find where to access the game. There doesn't seem to be a way to play on the website and I don't see any files on my desktop, in Documents etc.

...help?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Try to access it through Steam.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I found it. I'm still getting used to Windows 8. It was on that start screen thing.

My first character is a human Jedi Knight named SirCaradoc btw. Big guy with blond hair and blue eyes.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Page 35 of 38