Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Why was SouthLAnd ever cancelled? The show is amazing!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry, but more GOT gripes.

Last time it was non-existent motivations that make no sense to the plot. This time they are just flat out stating the motivations in exposition that completely give away the plot.

One of the twists at the end of the book is that it was Littlefinger's scheme to
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Well, that spoiler is not really one if you watched the episode because they simply state that is what he is going to do, a whole season away from when it happens.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Sorry, but more GOT gripes.

Last time it was non-existent motivations that make no sense to the plot. This time they are just flat out stating the motivations in exposition that completely give away the plot.

One of the twists at the end of the book is that it was Littlefinger's scheme to
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Well, that spoiler is not really one if you watched the episode because they simply state that is what he is going to do, a whole season away from when it happens.

I had no problem with that, they've been a bit more obvious about motivations because its tv and today's audience can't handle figuring things out or slow burns. Once you accept that things like that make sense and no longer bother you as much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote  

I've been watching Defiance on SyFy. I like it so far. It has enjoyable characters, an interesting setting, and descent special effects.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I love the second season of Being Human except one thing. I wish they'd give Sally a better story. Her problems can be solved in 3 episodes (or less) while Aidan and Josh have arcs that last for the entire season or more. I know she's a ghost, but can't they just try a little?

Also, started Adventure Time.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:

I would like to congratulate you one the disturbing but entertaining adventure you're about to have. I love that show, I love it so very much.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

My fave television series would be a toss up between the multitude of paranormal investigation series and Animal Planet's main\spin-off "Whale Wars" series.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Anyone watching that Hannibal Lecter series? I've only seen one episode so it may be a bit too early to call it a favourite - and admittedly my judgement may be skewed by an avid enjoyment of the films - but I thought it was quite good. What's everyone else's opinion on it?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Anyone watching that Hannibal Lecter series? I've only seen one episode so it may be a bit too early to call it a favourite - and admittedly my judgement may be skewed by an avid enjoyment of the films - but I thought it was quite good. What's everyone else's opinion on it?

I'm 7 episodes in and I'm digging it. It sucks that another network owns the right's to Silence of the Lambs so when it comes to that people are going to have to deal with them skipping it.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Really? I didn't know that; that's a shame. It would have been interesting to see how they would have dealt with Silence. Still, on the bright side, it gives me an excuse to watch the film again.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:

I would like to congratulate you one the disturbing but entertaining adventure you're about to have. I love that show, I love it so very much.

I've been watching that a bit and it's great!

I've also tried the comics, which Ryan North (of Dinosaur Comics fame, www.qwantz.com), and that's quite good.

At Ottawa Comic-Con, there were a lot of Adventure Time cosplayers. A lot of Finns, some Jakes, a handful of Princess Bubblegums and Lumpy Space Princesses, and a really good Ice-King and Marceline.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:

I've been watching that a bit and it's great!

I've also tried the comics, which Ryan North (of Dinosaur Comics fame, www.qwantz.com), and that's quite good.

At Ottawa Comic-Con, there were a lot of Adventure Time cosplayers. A lot of Finns, some Jakes, a handful of Princess Bubblegums and Lumpy Space Princesses, and a really good Ice-King and Marceline.

I love Marceline! Coolest character.

I enjoy the show but I'm the first to say I wouldn't let my kids watch it if I had any. I wouldn't want to have to explain a few things...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I haven't watched Hannibal, but from what I've heard, I'm confused by the timeline. I thought it was an alternate universe, because Will Graham and Hannibal didn't work on like dozens of cases together. I thought each episode was a different case, like Law and Order or CSI. Is that right?
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not sure yet. As I've said, I've only seen one episode; once I've seen more, and have a better handle on the show, I'll let you know. Caedus, is it an alternate universe?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I haven't watched Hannibal, but from what I've heard, I'm confused by the timeline. I thought it was an alternate universe, because Will Graham and Hannibal didn't work on like dozens of cases together. I thought each episode was a different case, like Law and Order or CSI. Is that right?

Its not related to the films, its a thing all unto itself. There have been a few different cases but for the most part the first half of the season all built out of the first case and its resolution. Not very CSI at all other than its a cop drama (to a degree) but I guess if that helps identify it sure.

Most of the focus is on Hannibal and Graham's interactions, and that's phenomenal. And his cooking of people's parts, that's kind of interesting to watch in a weird way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 63 of 69