Log in to check your private messages
What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.

Luke is my favourite character in the films so whilst I'm enjoying the book, I like how Stover writes Han and Lando much more.

Next I'm undecided. I have Red Harvest, Darth Bane book one and Darth Plageius sitting on my book shelf and I cannot decide which one to read next.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3846
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'd say read them chronologically (in the order you've listed them above), as I think it would be interesting to go from the Bane books straight to Plagueis. The beginning of the Banite Sith to the end.
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'd say read them chronologically (in the order you've listed them above), as I think it would be interesting to go from the Bane books straight to Plagueis. The beginning of the Banite Sith to the end.


Hmmm good idea. I have the other two Bane books coming in the mail along with Revan and Deceived.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Finished Mindor and yeah I enjoyed it one of the reveals gave me big blank face. This was my first Stover novel so I'm sure those of you who have read this can guess what it was.

I'm about to start the Bane trilogy. Path of Destruction time.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:07 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Proudfoot
Knight
Knight

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 259
Location: London

Sunless wrote:
Finished Mindor and yeah I enjoyed it one of the reveals gave me big blank face. This was my first Stover novel so I'm sure those of you who have read this can guess what it was.

I'm about to start the Bane trilogy. Path of Destruction time.


Same. The "reveal" didn't really do anything for me.
_________________
On a clear day they'll see us from the beaches.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

I am over halfway through Path of Destruction and....... Damn this book is fantastic.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Finished Path of Destruction, but Rule of Two hasn't arrived in the mail yet!

So I'm going to read Red Harvest.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Caedus_16
Master
Master

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 4768
Location: Korriban

Sunless wrote:
Finished Path of Destruction, but Rule of Two hasn't arrived in the mail yet!

So I'm going to read Red Harvest.


If you aren't into slasher movies Red Harvest might be disappointing or even off-putting.
_________________
Perfection is a lifelong pursuit requiring sacrifice. The only way to get it quicker is to sacrifice the most.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Caedus_16 wrote:
Sunless wrote:
Finished Path of Destruction, but Rule of Two hasn't arrived in the mail yet!

So I'm going to read Red Harvest.


If you aren't into slasher movies Red Harvest might be disappointing or even off-putting.


I do enjoy a good slasher flick. And you just wait, I start this book and BAM tomorrow I get Rule of Two in the mail.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Niner
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 26 Nov 2011
Posts: 58

I just finished a reread of the Republic Commado books. They're still my favorite SW books, and some of my favorite books, period. It really sucks the author couldn't finish the series. Next, I think I'll start on the Corellian Trilogy. I read them a long time ago, but I don't remember them. I'm also considering reading the Death Star or Millennium Falcon novels, but those might come after the corellian trilogy.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Niner wrote:
I just finished a reread of the Republic Commado books. They're still my favorite SW books, and some of my favorite books, period. It really sucks the author couldn't finish the series. Next, I think I'll start on the Corellian Trilogy. I read them a long time ago, but I don't remember them. I'm also considering reading the Death Star or Millennium Falcon novels, but those might come after the corellian trilogy.


I read Death Star recently. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I enjoyed the heck out of it.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Cerrinea
Master
Master

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 1491

I'm reading Kenobi right now. Enjoying what JJM's done so far.
_________________
Roqoo Depot co-founder.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Dancelittleewok
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 1160
Location: Kansas

Starting Crucible. I always look forward to reading his SWEU. Hopefully, this will be a Star by Star and not an Invincible.
_________________
Observation: Life would be cooler if everyone spoke like HK-47.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Cerrinea
Master
Master

Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 1491

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Starting Crucible. I always look forward to reading his SWEU. Hopefully, this will be a Star by Star and not an Invincible.


I've seen complaints about it, but I liked it. Fan politics aside, I've decided either fans like and get Denning, or they don't.
_________________
Roqoo Depot co-founder.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Starting Crucible. I always look forward to reading his SWEU. Hopefully, this will be a Star by Star and not an Invincible.


I have such a long way to go to get to Crucible. Hope you dig it


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 131 of 145
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 130, 131, 132 ... 143, 144, 145  Next

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield